Resolutions for 2019 ^__^

It’s that time of the year again, time to make meaningful and meaningless resolutions with or without actual intentions to keep them, relating to go or something else, no one is gonna judge you!

Let me start, my resolutions for 2019!

I will start doing tsumegos again
I will gain at least one rank both on OGS and EGF
I will also finally try other go servers!

And I will also promise, that i’ll continue enjoying the great company of all of you splendid guys and gals of OGS!

Happy new year to everyone, let’s have an awesome 2019!

13 Likes

My resolution is to start a Go club in my city. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

I’ve got a lot on my plate this (well for me it’s still next) year.

Sleep longer, eat more junk food, work out less frequently, watch more series and movies, drink more alcohol, smoke.

7 Likes

Translation:

To do list for the new year

1. get life under control.
  2. carry dreams out.
  3. become happy.
11 Likes
  1. Try to play more games here
  2. Get back to doing tsumego every day.
  3. Restart my walking regimen
  4. Get back to reading 100+ books a year (not very realistic now that I’m moderating, but I can aspire to it)
7 Likes

I just disabled analysis in my settings.
Let’s try to read more! :wink:

8 Likes

I resolve to watch at least one Go lecture/YouTube video per week, and to study at least 2 challenging (for me) tsumego each day.

5 Likes

To simply enjoy the game.

Hmmmmm, I feel like I should do that as well, just a little push in the direction of improvement.

4 Likes

become 1d on ogs

5 Likes

You can do it

1 Like

One of my correspondence partners said he wants to try and play one live game per day as his New Year’s resolution, so I joined in – and now we have a challenge going to see who lasts longer! It’s day #1 and a tie so far :stuck_out_tongue: (we both played one game).

6 Likes

When my mother asked me what my resolution was, I told her 1920 x 1080 :wink:

10 Likes

Hi all,

My resolution for the year are:

To learn Josekis
To do some more tsumegos
To become a solid SDK

What A Game!

5 Likes

Anyone managed to achieve anything they wanted?

And what are your plans for the next year?

3 Likes

I started the Bakersfield Go Club and kept it going all year with 3 regular members.

My goal this year is…to advertise, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

A neat idea I didn’t think of when I was running my club that another club in my country has found success with is posting it in local buy/swap/sell groups

Alas, my list from last year was almost a complete flop, due to the deaths of my father-in-law and my father within days of one another, my duties as executor, and other IRL difficulties. I have done tsumego in fitful bouts, a few weeks here or there, but nothing more was accomplished. So the list becomes the new aspiration for this year. But I have started the new year right today with an invigorating hike of several miles on an interesting and scenic “history trail” at a local state park.

1 Like

Anyone managed to achieve anything they wanted?

I keep my wishes at a minimum so, come to think of it, yes.
I wanted these things and got them done:
a) Every afternoon when the sun shines and I have no work, I go out and play basketball
b) Get my go project rolling
c) Keep the rest of my life more or less in the same direction of play

What I want this year?
a) Drastically reduce candies and sugary things from my diet.
b) Learn some more things for work and my hobbies
c) Same c as last year

Not easy, but attainable. Which is the point of long term change. Good habits is the right goal, imho. Radical changes and far-fetched goals rarely stick in the long run.

Good luck to all of us this year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not even close, i actually even managed to lose few stones from my rank xD

Go related resolutions:

1. Get back into playing Go.

2. Finish my book.

1 Like