Result section in a downloaded SGF?

When downloading SGF of a game, the old OGS used to add a result section, marking territories and dead stones with TW/TB tags and summarizing the outcome in the final comment. For example, see SFG of this game from the webachive.
Is there some good reason why this is not done anymore? If not, it would be nice to have scoring info back… without it a kifu fills incomplete. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an RE tag which states the result of the game (W+R, B+2.5, etc…).As far as I can tell, including the status of groups is not standard info in an SGF file downloaded from a game server (after looking at SGF from KGS and IGS). It may be something to consider in the future, but probably not for a while. :smile:

EDIT: added the italic text.

2 Likes

TW and TB properties are [standard][1] and were present since FF[ 1 ], I think. Why they are so rarely used, I have no idea. But DGS uses them pretty much the same way the old OGS did.

Well, not that this is some critical feature. “Maybe someday” is good enough answer for me :slight_smile:
[1]: http://www.red-bean.com/sgf/go.html

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.