Review of my thoughts on Fuego match

Greetings:

So I (16K) played Fuego(6K) bot and lost by 8.5 points. I reviewed the game and wrote down ideas I had during the early and middle game. Would someone be kind enough to review my thinking? I’m interested to know if the sorts of things I was thinking about and planning made sense.

Here’s the game with my comments.

Best regards

1 Like

https://online-go.com/review/348819 i made my own review :smiley:

a good game there! i hope could help a little. should there be any questions, dont hesitate :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks. I was surprised to see a recommendation to tenuki after a low knight approach to 4-4. I’ve never realised this could be a viable thing to do!

1 Like

Yeah the bots have shown that the double approach of the 4-4 isn’t really that big of an issue, so if there is something big on the board they will often tenuki

1 Like

I should clarify, the recommended tenukis were for the person who approached, as their next move, after the 4-4 owner backed off (move 15 and move 31)

1 Like

oh right lol yes also possible sorry i didn’t actually open the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi @kickaha, I just finished my first pass through your review of my game and my comments. It’s great! :+1: My skills are lacking in several areas, and you’ve provided me with plenty to think about and study. And I’ve got a bit more confidence that I’m on the right track too.

I’m glad you liked my plan to connect those distant stones. :grin: Reminds me of the best-laid plans of mice and men. And sadly, my lack of skills defending invasions was on full display. And you thought Fuego was surely dead.

Thanks again. I appreciate the time you spent and the insights provided.

Best regards

3 Likes