Robots in Terrihill: OGS Forums Werewolf Game 3

Since this game was cancelled, let me share some thoughts. @RubyMineshaft and I were the robots. With @Vsotvep, the protector, eliminated, I think we were in pretty good position, although I don’t know what the detective would have discovered on the first night.

Actually, this game was highly flawed, since each of the 5 villages had a unique role (including one vanilla villager with no special powers). The villagers could have forced a win by simply honestly revealing their roles on day 1, which would force the robots to pretend to be one of the villagers. If both robots pretended to be the same role, then the game is reduced to 4 confirmed innocents and 3 under suspicion (with two being robots). Voting off those 3 players over the next 3 days eliminates the robots before they can deplete the innocents. If both robots pretended to be different roles, then we’d have two pairs of contested roles, each of which would contain a robot. Day 1 should eliminate one of those players, either killing a robot, or ensuring that a robot is discovered to be killed on Day 2. Then, work though the other pair.

6 Likes

Interesting. :slight_smile:

So I was actually right and my plan would have worked (if the detective had followed it). :smile:
I was the cloaker and I had first planned to cloak someone I’m pretty sure is a villager and make them appear as a villager with no special role. But then @HHG asked in the night phase about sending a message to Haze, so I thought he might draw the robots’ attention to himself, and I cloaked him to appear as the cloaker - so that his role would seem not important enough to kill him next.

2 Likes

It doesn’t need to be that complicated. In fact, none of the special roles would have even needed to use their powers. Just giving each innocent a unique number (from 1 to 5) at the beginning of the game (and no special powers) would have been enough to force the win.

3 Likes

Oh, I was the detective. I spied on you, KAOSkonfused, because I was suspicious about you asking me to spy on yebellz. (or whoever you asked me to spy on)

3 Likes

Dammit… So the plan was good, but not convincing. :thinking:

(And sure, yebellz is right… But I didn’t think about that during the game.)

1 Like

I thought that the core of your plan was to make the investigation target public, in order to prevent the cloaker from blocking the detective by accident.

I think that was a bad idea (from the perspective of the innocents), since it tips off the robots to who might be investigated. The robots could choose to kill that target as well, which essentially renders the investigation moot. The uncertainty (to the robots) of who might be investigated (and hence potentially cleared) is a potential advantage to the innocents.

It also backfired against you in this game, since it drew the suspicion of the detective on to you.

While it would be bad for the cloaker to accidentally block the detecting, I think the better way to prevent that is to simply have the cloaker choose not to cloak any one. The marginal benefit of potentially blocking the robot detective is not worth the risk of blocking the villagers’ detective.

1 Like

Yes, if an innocent person is investigated, it’s a bad idea. But in this case, I had the right instincts. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like