Robots in Terrihill: Werewolf Game 3.0

Because Haze is not participating. By liking or commenting our posts he might give away information (or seem to give away information) that we are not supposed to know. Also it’s still nighttime, we’re not supposed to talk until the next day phase starts (2020-05-25T16:00:00Z)

3 Likes

(static) Good morning! This is 278.02 AM RetroRadio—“Before Dawn”—your favorite music program for the early morning. It seems we are receiving a call from the small town of Terrihill, greetings to our faithful listeners over there.

—Hello, this is RetroRadio. What can we play for you today?

(static) (inaudible mumbles) (static)

—Excelent, great classic!, anything else you want to say to our audience?

(~~~ long static ~~~)

(chuckles) Oh yes, hehe, of course; you dedicate this song to “all those darned robots”, good joke. A great way to start the day with a good dose of humor.

And we continue with our music broadcast, thanks for sintonizing 278.02 AM, RetroRadio…

4 Likes

Hello everyone. It seems I have accidentally deleted my story. D:

I will add it later, along with a post saying that it is up. I don’t want to delay the game any longer so here is the recap.

Last night, everyone lived. Everyone except for @Vsotvep. @Vsotvep is now dead. He was a normal townsperson. Enjoy your day.

Day ends 2020-05-27T16:00:00Z.

Story:

Overnight, the poet Vepvots was killed by the robots. He was the town poet, and well loved by all. No one took his death well, but Vopvset took it the worst. Vopvset had already lost one brother, and then lost another that night. He rushed out of the town that morning, and he had already reached another country by noon. He just didn’t want to die. Others wanted to follow, but one person asked “What if the robots follow us?”. The town decided to wait a few days to hear what happened from Vopvset. If they heard back, and didn’t hear any bad news, it was safe to leave, and they were out. If he was killed, or they didn’t hear back, they would stay put and try and kill the remaining enemies.

They would hear from him again, but not until a few days later…

3 Likes

Day 2 Voting Poll

• HHG
  • 李建澔2
  • Sports_for_Life
  • Gia
  • ginger2008
  • yebellz
  • KAOSkonfused
  • No One

0 voters

Oh no… I wish I had protected V instead of myself… (a lonely tear rolling down my cheek before I steel myself to protect my co-villagers).

1 Like

The third and last brother of the family, Vopvset, hurriedly emigrated from Terrihill after his two brothers were slain. He was neither a mad scientist, nor a poet. He was a spineless coward, though.

4 Likes

@Gia, just to be clear, are you claiming to be the protector? Does anyone refute this claim?

I am not the protector.

I was going to make a post discussing strategy and whether and when we should reveal information, what roles we are, etc., but @Gia has jumped the gun.

In an earlier post, I speculated that we might be able to ensure defeating the robots, should we have gotten lucky with the detective last night. I would ask everyone to carefully consider the logic behind that analysis and if there may be any flaws.

2 Likes

It’s my duty to jump in front of a gun, sir.
I feel guilty and ashamed that I cowardly protected myself.

I hope the detective got something useful.

If the robots attack me tonight, the detective will have another chance to root them out.
If the robots don’t attack me tonight, I get to save a person’s life.

2 Likes

@Leira will be subbing in for @Sports_for_Life

3 Likes

I’m also not the protector. Nor am I the detective.

If the detective found out something useful tonight, please come forward and tell us!
Actually, I think it’s enough for now to learn if someone is a townsperson or a robot, but we don’t need to know every specific role. If @Gia Gia is indeed the protector, I don’t think it was wise to tell everyone about it… And if she is not, should then the actual protector tell us, or rather not (yet)? @yebellz , what do you think?

A message in the classified ads appeared today in the local newspaper:

Hi Im Leira S Kilroy. Have you ever heard of Kilroy Was Here? That is my third cousin twice removed. Anyway not important. Damn these ads are expensive! Heard your distress call on the radio. Clever stuff. Will be there in the next bus.

3 Likes

We need to decide at whose house I’m playing bodyguard tonight. At best they are saved, at worst I die.
I’m sceptical that the robots might mislead me into protecting one of them, I hope it didn’t occur to them to scheme for this last night.

Edit: if the detective found out a good lead last night and I protect them tonight, how does this look for us? @yebellz, I trust your analytical mind on this.

I’m skeptical. Gia, why would you tell us right away that you’re the protector? Without even hesitating? That doesn’t make sense to me. It’s not logical. I suspect you might be a robot, trying to get the real protector to come forward.

It’s my destiny to never be believed in this village…

The real protector can’t come forward, because I’m the real protector.

I came forward so nobody could falsely claim my role. I’m useless if I don’t know who to protect, or worse, if I end up protecting the robots.

I protected myself because I thought I would be more useful on the second day. But maybe I was just a coward. Time will tell.

Really? If I was the protector, I would not tell anyone unless we all decided to disclose our roles (and I would be convinced this was a reasonable decision). :open_mouth:

But anyway, I’d really like to hear something from our other townmembers now!

Robots have a detective of their own, so we might be hiding what they already know. This makes our current predicament different.

But their detective can only detect one at a time. Giving away each role might render their detective superfluous, but also gives them several turns of advantage.

Also. Hi!, new in town. Just dropped off the bus.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m not the brains of the operation…
Welcome! Beer is good, food is better, avoid kicking home appliances for the time being.

1 Like

Thanks. I travel light though, except for that suitcase over there with my robot slaying equipment (you know, Turing tests, formal paradoxes, standard stuff).

2 Likes
  • I am the protector.
  • I am not the protector.

0 voters