Russian tournament played on OGS

At the same time in several cities of Russia took place competitions on Go. The Russian mining company Polymetal was able to organize a tournament among its employees in different branches of the country. Seventy-nine participants from Vladivostok, Khabarovsk, Amursk, Nursultan (Kazakhstan), Yekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, Magadan, Yakutsk, Petrozavodsk competed in the Go match. Sergey Ponomarev from St. Petersburg took the first place. The second place was given to Sergey Sheludchenko from Magadan. Alexey Mygakov from Yekaterinburg won the third place. Eugene Sus became the best player of Vladivostok branch Polymetal. He finished eighth overall. In the women’s competition Irina Blynova took the second place.

#wagc2020 #go #чмго #го #спортрф #gorf #weiqi #ЧМГО2020 #baduk #екатеринбург #хабаровск #казахстан #санктпетербург #питер #владивосток #приморскийкрай

7 Likes

3 Likes

@S_Alexander if you have any connections with this crowd, and if any of them have some basic English skills, please do reach out to them and say the moderator team here is willing to help them plan and deploy future tournaments, and can help with site announcements, etc.

Obviously our resources are limited but if they have desires that would make hosting tournaments here easier / more appealing we are eager to hear such requests.

8 Likes

resourses may be limited but if ever a volunteer is needed, Feel free to call on me. Id be immensly interested in helping.

4 Likes

The hunt continues. I see two new tournaments in Russian Go Federation schedule. These are a continuation of the thread’s tournament.

Winner tournament (finals): https://gofederation.ru/tournaments/83575721
Runner-up tournament: https://gofederation.ru/tournaments/1015281435

I wouldn’t trust what’s written there completely but here’s what it says. Tournament final is going to be held in real life between top 7 players from our tournament here plus seeded CEO. But the runner-up tournament it says it’s going to be on OGS again! So let’s wait December 26th.

3 Likes

Next tournament will be held on March 28th.

2 Likes

Excellent! Russia has a long, proud Chess history. So GO should be a natural fit! It seems there is growing interest in GO in Russia! Glad to see any assistance we could give!

2 Likes

That’s cool.