Sandbox tournaments

In this thread, I will announce all the tournaments in the Sandbox group. Welcome to our competitions, friends!

Tournaments of the Sandbox group are for 25 - 10 kyu players only!

3 Likes

Welcome to the first group tournament!

Sandbox #1

2 Likes

The second tournament of the group for fans of the McMahon system.

Sandbox #2

1 Like

We start an unprecedented competition for the title Best In Sandbox. This competition will consist of 8 qualifying tournaments, the winners of which will converge in the final, hard and uncompromising competition. The name of the winner of the title Best In Sandbox will be on the title page of our group until someone else gets the title in a new series of competitions.

Qualifying tournaments will be held on the Olympic system, at a fairly fast pace. The number of seats in each of the qualifying tournaments is limited to 16 participants. Any member of Sandbox can participate in each of the qualifying tournaments. Winners of qualifying tournaments will be invited to the final tournament for the title of Best In Sandbox.

Each qualifying tournament starts when all the seats are filled. Registration of participants in each next qualifying tournament begins immediately after the start of the previous tournament.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #1

2 Likes

Registration of the participants of the second qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #2

1 Like

Registration of the participants of the third qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #3

1 Like

Registration of the participants of the fourth qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #4

Registration of the participants of the fifth qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #5

Registration of the participants of the sixth qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #6

2 Likes

Registration of the participants of the seventh qualifying tournament for the Best In Sandbox 2018 title started.

Best In Sandbox 2018 Qualifying Tournament #7

A new tournament awaits the participants.

Welcome to the Sandbox #4!

The Sandbox is reloaded! Now seriously, with lots of ideas and for a long time!

https://online-go.com/tournament/36648

https://online-go.com/tournament/36677

I was a part of two of your tournaments and was doing well, (I’m still playing one of the games for your sandbox tournament #7)when all of the sudden you disbanded either the group or the tournaments. So all the games working towards a trophy were for nothing.
Why would I trust these new tournaments, wh n at any moment the carpet could be pulled from under me?

3 Likes

@ajwitteborg, Just because then it was not me. :slightly_smiling_face: I borrowed the idea of the Sandbox from my friend (with his knowledge and consent), who no longer plays Go.

https://online-go.com/tournament/36709