Seasons Greetings to the Whole OGS Community

SeasonsGreetings1

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and an Awesome New Year

With special thanks to the OGS dev team for creating & maintaining a fantastic and versatile Go site that brings the world together. :earth_asia::couple::two_men_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands: It really is a godsend to anyone from an isolated place or an otherwise Go-impoverished area. (and therefor deserves UN funding).

Thanks also to our tireless team of volunteer moderators. There are sooo many ways they keep the wheels turning and maintain OGS as a fundamentally positive and pleasurable experience.

Last but by no means least, thankyou to everyone who visits OGS in a spirit of goodwill and helps bring to life this incredible site and community by simply playing, being helpful and sharing CatGoMemes.

Merry Christmas everyone.

SeasonsGreetings2

Cheers @kosh and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Happy Holidays to everyone! @Kosh, OGS really deserves such a wonder post so thank you for doing this. I am a perfect example of a Go player that would have been isolated from this game entirely had it not been for this server simple because I live in one of the most remote places in the US. Thanks to OGS I have found my favorite hobby, plus a great community. My New Yearโ€™s resolution this year is to reach a solid 1 dan on here! It is reaching for the stars but I love to give myself these kinds of goals.I give a special thanks to all of the moderators as well as @matburt and @anoek for all of their hard work that none of us deserve. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks sincerely,
The โ€œGoBoardโ€ (@_GoBoard)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! A new year is around the corner, and with it, a host of opportunities for great changes and improvements. :slight_smile:

As for resolutions, I think I just want to play a little more regularly, and OGS is such a perfect server for it it because it runs in the browser (and so well, too!), has all features I cherish, and it supports both live and correspondence modes. Itโ€™s the perfect place to play Go online, I feel! Outside of Go, 2019 will be a year of programming for me.

Merry Christmas!