Seasons Greetings to the Whole OGS Community

SeasonsGreetings1

Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and an Awesome New Year

With special thanks to the OGS dev team for creating & maintaining a fantastic and versatile Go site that brings the world together. :earth_asia::couple::two_men_holding_hands::two_women_holding_hands: It really is a godsend to anyone from an isolated place or an otherwise Go-impoverished area. (and therefor deserves UN funding).

Thanks also to our tireless team of volunteer moderators. There are sooo many ways they keep the wheels turning and maintain OGS as a fundamentally positive and pleasurable experience.

Last but by no means least, thankyou to everyone who visits OGS in a spirit of goodwill and helps bring to life this incredible site and community by simply playing, being helpful and sharing CatGoMemes.

Merry Christmas everyone.

SeasonsGreetings2

18 Likes

Cheers @kosh and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

3 Likes

Happy Holidays to everyone! @Kosh, OGS really deserves such a wonder post so thank you for doing this. I am a perfect example of a Go player that would have been isolated from this game entirely had it not been for this server simple because I live in one of the most remote places in the US. Thanks to OGS I have found my favorite hobby, plus a great community. My New Year’s resolution this year is to reach a solid 1 dan on here! It is reaching for the stars but I love to give myself these kinds of goals.I give a special thanks to all of the moderators as well as @matburt and @anoek for all of their hard work that none of us deserve. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thanks sincerely,
The “GoBoard” (@_GoBoard)

5 Likes

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! A new year is around the corner, and with it, a host of opportunities for great changes and improvements. :slight_smile:

As for resolutions, I think I just want to play a little more regularly, and OGS is such a perfect server for it it because it runs in the browser (and so well, too!), has all features I cherish, and it supports both live and correspondence modes. It’s the perfect place to play Go online, I feel! Outside of Go, 2019 will be a year of programming for me.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

As I near the end of my twelfth year on ogs, it seems appropriate that I express some gratitude for this excellent server. Strange how quickly a luxury can begin to feel like a necessity; like something the world somehow owes you. Which of course was never the case.
So if you’re an ogs developer, moderator, site supporter, or even a hitchhiker like me, please consider yourself appreciated. I have found ogs to be a highly civilised environment that nourishes the mind, strengthens social ties, and generally leaves me feeling better than I did before logging in. It’s mainly because of ogs that I’m unable to stay mad at the internet for very long.
To those who make this experience possible, thank you for your efforts, and may you gain much satisfaction from it. Happy new year everyone.

10 Likes

I missed this last year as I had to take a short break, so thank you for your kind words Kosh :heart:

4 Likes

Twlve years? Now that is something. Thank you for sticking with OGS for so long, and for the kind words :slight_smile:
Happy and fullfilling new year to you as well.

6 Likes

Thanks, @Kosh and everybody!

Also, a happy Hannukah, happy Kwanzaa, happy Festivus, happy Solstice, happy whatever you celebrate!

4 Likes

SERENITY NOW!

5 Likes