Seeking debug information from those with blank screen problems

Replying to three previous posts by OGS Team and OGS Dev:

1. Suggest turning some attention to this https://forums.online-go.com/categories in relation to what you’ve told me.

2. Suggest you organize what you’ve told me and anything similar into one item that is obviously available to users so they do not have to find out by trial and error (and you don’t have to repeat it). Not sure where to put it…maybe under Puzzles? I note that you have a link under About, “Feature Requests & Suggestions” that directs to https://ogs.uservoice.com.

Should be on the Forum site too.

P.S. I guess you should count yourselves fortunate when users go to the extra effort to report and provide supporting documentation of any problems they encounter when using OGS proper or one of it’s surrogates. I think when I started providing input on this I was still under the impression that all this stuff was OGS. The link to the forums is right there without distinction with links to other stuff that is part of OGS proper. The fact that it is has differences in appearance seemed odd but there are a lot of oddities. It was odd to have a separate login but I considered that part of the “quirkiness”. The fact that when you click login and get logged in without having to do anything else, the logos which do not specify “OGS Forums - hosted by whoever”…these help obscure the fact. Other oddities seemed like more oddities that one had to live with.

Putting the onus on ordinary users to distinguish what belongs to who and where they should report it is unreasonable. I have experience specifying, evaluating, testing SW of a different sort so I push that experience to try to help with online stuff which I know nothing about. Take what you get with gratitude and move it where you think it should go if the user doesn’t. Tell the users here what you’ve done, that you’ve fixed it for certain cases and don’t need more info for those unless something continues to not work. Note where you have not fixed it. Immediately point out if the problem reported is distinct and deserves a separate topic. Is it possible that what was broken for OGS is somehow effecting what happens at a site you are linked to? Who knows, naively one might suspect that it does.

Your alternative to being picky about what users should do may be that you that you get nothing. There are inconvenient workarounds for what I’m experiencing. Maybe switching to Firefox is another. I know that Opera and Vivaldi are built on some Chrome parts but that’s all. Firefox? Don’t know.

Of the number of OGS users, how many have accounts at how many other other relatd sites (it looks like anyone with an OGS account automatically has on at the Forum site. How many of those have posted more than once?

1 Like

Hi - I use the stock Android browser on Huawei Ascend Y300 to play on OGS. It has always worked fine until latest V5, where now all I get is a blank white screen once the connection to OGS is established. I’ve cleared all data and flushed the cache to no avail. Other browsers on PC w10 work fine - thanks to all concerned for a great site.

I have the same problem with Samsung S5

Same thing here on a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, with default browser (though I didn’t try to clear the data and the cache).
The site works fine with chrome on the same phone.

i cant do anything in google chrome too!

computer

I have the same problems. White page and no login under w7 and android. IOS works fine…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.