Seeking sponsorship for EGC - France

Dear Go Friends,

I have some exciting news to share—as in the past years I have the opportunity to participate in the European Go Congress (EGC) this year in Toulouse, France! The goal is to perform well in the European Championship (EC) which is the main event of the Congress.

This prestigious event is one of the biggest Go tournaments in the World, bringing together top players from all over Europe for EC and all over the globe at EGC .It’s an incredible chance for me to compete at a high level, improve my skills, and represent my country internationally.

[European Go congress 2024](European Go congress 2024

Why I Need Your Support:

Participating in the EGC involves significant costs, including travel, accommodation, and registration fees. To make this dream a reality, I am seeking sponsorship and donations to help cover these expenses.

How You Can Help:

1. Donate: Any amount you can contribute will be greatly appreciated. You can donate directly through PayPal at https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/CornelBurzo or sign up to my Patreon page : https://www.patreon.com/cornelgo

2. Share: Please share this post with your network to help spread the word.

3. Sponsorship: If you or your company is interested in sponsoring me, please get in touch. Sponsors will receive recognition in all my tournament-related posts and materials, and I’m open to discussing further promotional opportunities.

What’s in It for You:

• Recognition: I will acknowledge all supporters and sponsors in my posts and updates.

• Updates: I’ll keep you posted with game results, provide the SGF of my tourney games photos, and reports from the event.

• Community Pride: Your support will help put our community on the international Go map!

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement. Let’s make this journey to Toulouse together!

Cornel Burzo 6d

Contact email : cornelburzo@yahoo.com

5 Likes

Hello, I will contribute in this effort, since I have heard about you and your contributions, but if you do not mind, two suggestions:

a) Please incorporate a small “who am I and why should you care” part in your post. It might make it more likely for people to offer help. E.g. this article: An interview with Cornel Burzo 6d, winner of the European Grand Prix Finale 2023

makes it clear that you are not just some “very good, yet random Go player”, but a serious contender for the tournament. :slight_smile:

b) I am not sure what your exact goal/budget is, but if you plan for a similar fund-raising in the future, it might be a good idea to start earlier to reduce costs. For example, this is how the registration page looked like a few months ago, at Dec. 2023:

Unfortunately both those very good financial choices (discount and accomodation) are now gone. Now you will have to pay 60 euros more for the Full congress registration (40% up from the 150 euros) and you missed the opportunity for the very cheap dorm rooms which cost the amazing price of 130 euros for a week. Now you might have to find a hotel room that costs 600+ euros for a week.

There was an email 10 days ago about more rooms becoming available 1.3km away and at double the price of the ENAC dorm rooms, but I am not sure if any of them are left by now.

Then it is the air-tickets. Had you booked them a few mothns earlier, you could have probably found flights costing 50% cheaper than booking them now. All in all, you could have realistically reduced your costs at around 700 euros less, in this particular EGC, just by doing all this earlier, which is not a small amount at all.

Good luck with the EGC. Hopefully I might see you there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello JethOrensin,

Thank you for your message and sorry for the late reply.
I totally agree with your suggestions, will surely use them in the future.

I did registered for the Congress since last year when the entry fees were still low but I missed on the accommodation deals and flights so it’s true I could’ve saved more as you pointed out.

Any contribution is highly apreciated and feel free to contact me via email at cornelburzo@yahoo.com if you’re interested in a game review or any kind of go related help.

Thank you again and see you at the EGC !

5 Likes