Selecting an opponent

A friend and I recently started playing Go and we both joined this site. He lives in another city and we’d like to play against each other from time to time, as well as against other people. We can’t figure out if there is a way to play each other. Is it possible?

3 Likes

← check the above link and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

3 Likes

In the top left of your screen (on PC) there’s a little three-lines menu icon. When you click it, there’ll be a dropdown menu with a search box at the top. Type his username into the searchbox and it’ll appear at the top of a list of search results. Click his username and a popup menu will appear. Choose the option named Challenge, which will… you guessed it, open a menu!

In that menu you’ll have access to a wide range of options, allowing you to choose what ruleset, board size, and degree of komi to use; whether to allow the analysis tool, and if the game should be ranked or unranked. But you don’t have to change anything; you can use the default settings and just click the button in the lower right named Send Challenge.

Welcome to the server :slight_smile: thanks for stopping by the forums! I hope you and your friend have a great time here and enjoy many games together :slight_smile:

thanks.

1 Like

Ah, darn, I missed that FAQ entirely. Thx for the link.

1 Like