“Sente - Online GO” App for Android

is everyone getting an “OGS API error” when launching the app now?

3 Likes

Yes @MrAlex needs to know! I reported on GitHub

1 Like

Hi guys thanks for reporting this. Interesting thing is I don’t get the error, but definitely a lot of you guys do, since there are quite a few reports of it today.

I will try to figure out what’s wrong tomorrow, although without reproducing it, it will be hard. Something must have changed in the JSON response, do we know what that may be? @anoek @matburt

4 Likes

Interesting, we did update the social auth stuff this morning to support apple id logins, it shouldn’t have broken anything though

Can you log out and log back in and see if the error persists?

2 Likes

I logged out and back into the app but same problem persisted.

If it’s any help, the app still shows when it’s my move or my opponent’s move but in all cases the board state is an old one, presumably from the point the error started.

2 Likes

Initial analysis shows there is a JSON parsing error when trying to parse the “moves” element of a game. In particular, the parser expects a long for one of the fields (logger doesn’t say which one), but gets a full JSON object instead. Any changes there?

2 Likes

The fifth parameter of that is indeed an object,

and I did add some code to shove some data in there today. Given how long it takes for android updates to make it to devices I’ll ponder on how I can filter that out for you while a fix gets distributed.

4 Likes

I found it… for example Tetraphenylbenzidin vs. hemangandhi the response contains in gamedata/moves item #68 the following:

[1, 1, 263188099, null, {blur: 264582}]

The other moves are normal. what is that supposed to mean?

3 Likes

ah, the extra color info is probably not a problem, the extra object, however probably is. When is that used?

1 Like

Yeah me too, I hope it will go away… The notif. Not just it cost me one game because it doesn’t show newest move (I lost of time out), now it gives me some nerves reminding me of “Unfinished” game

1 Like

I hope you can help us solve this problem! It always shows the game as Unfinished.

1 Like

I think I found a hack that will make it work. I triggered a build, but it will take a while until it’s available…

5 Likes

It’s available now, please try it out and confirm it’s working.

5 Likes

Brilliant, that works for me! Thank you for all your efforts!

3 Likes

Thanks for posting about this. It looks like my app is running into the same issue. I just converted over the json deserialization from a two dimensional array of longs to use a custom JsonConverter to convert each piece of a move to its appropriate data type. Working to get that published.

1 Like

That would be a more reasonable solution, yes… what I did is I converted the two-dimensional array from Long to Any and let the parser choose the data type (it was double) then converted that double to an int. Rather inconvenient, but to be honest that “move” data structure could be better…

2 Likes

I’ve had to make another update for when the dodgy move comes through the websocket… please update when available

1 Like

I spotted what looks like a bug.

It would be great if someone could check to see if it is what I think it is: that there is a gap of 1 game between “recent games” and “older games”.

Thanks

Alex

1 Like

Mine seems fine

1 Like

this happened to me in the past, should be something weird with that game specifically.

1 Like