Share your shapes

Far from it. That looks like Greetgo, a player that opens saying “Hi” or “Hello” and still maintains a 2dan rank.

3 Likes

Are you evoking that handicap variant, where the weak takes white, and lose if the strong lives?
(Would fit better with attorante position)

No, just a person who uses the opening to spell “Hi” and then proceeds to murder you.

Edit: see game against Gooplet as an example.

5 Likes

Ok. I think that board is quite similar to a 9 stones handicap with inversed colors.

Checking with KataGo, that “HI” opening loses about 50-60 points, which is closer to the point value of 4-5 handicap. The point value of 9 handicap is about twice as big according to KataGo.

5 Likes

Yep, I would say that having that big clump of stones in the middle isn’t very efficient, but it isn’t negligible either! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I finally have one cool and rare shape [Rare] Seki on whole board

4 Likes

6 Likes

Symmetry is so beautiful <3

Tho i was bit disappointed that black didnt answer at B7… would have made the board so pretty ^^

2 Likes

In this 13x13 game my opponent and i constructed an impressively extensive false eye structure:

53525812~2

Also a big bomber of some sort.

6 Likes

at least I survived)

2 Likes

I’d like to call this shape the bacteriophage:

From KataGo self-play game 132: KataGo 7 komi self-play - game 132

3 Likes

The B2 bomber is not powerful enough for Kata. I present to you the B-21 raider:

From KataGo self-play game 135: KataGo 7 komi self-play - game 135

8 Likes

And there’s a rectangular six shape in the same game too. Katago seems to have superhuman understanding about the strength of solid connections!

3 Likes

Not to mention three proper B2 bombers, one of which even overlaps with the B-21 raider… :slight_smile:

KataGo likes symmetry:

4 Likes

This kind of descent to first line showed up again! I missed it this time.

Screenshot_20240215-002016

2 Likes