Should I necro? This question and some random stuff

Not starting the game now won’t make me help the tournament go faster. I have too many games going and so I am slow to move in basically all of them. It won’t matter if I add 1 game to that. I am sure that I have some unstarted tournament that I am in that will stall me longer. I don’t timeout, so I didn’t think it mattered a ton.

Oh, I didn’t mean about time, but it would be a fork (?) of a game that is still undecided (on paper, I know my limitations :-)). So, although I have no problem with it, maybe it wouldn’t be right for the tournament.

I don’t think you can even add it to the tournament. I meant that we could do it separately, unless that is not something that we could do with a game. I always assumed that is what it meant by “fork game”

Yes, what I mean is we maybe shouldn’t fool around with a game that is part of the tournament, until the result is recorded in the tournament. After that point, we can experiment with it all we want.

If you fork it now and you play for example an X variation, and I see it, it might or might not offer me an unfair advantage. Especially since others are concerned, as it’s a tournament, we should keep the game “clean” until it’s finished.

This is going to be a problem no matter how we do it I think. What if I challenge you now, and then we wait to play until after the game ends. Otherwise, I don’t know if we can fork it in the same place. Also isn’t it similar to if I shared a variation in the chat? I don’t exactly see how it will screw up the tournament. What if we think of the forked game as a variation? In the game we are playing together, analysis and conditional moves are allowed. Isn’t doing this basically the same thing as analyzing the game. It is technically not cheating because it is the same people in both matches. Also that one variation, may change because what one person thinks they should play, I am sure is going to change from person to person or game to game.

Um… you should know that you can simply sort the threads by date of last activity

https://forums.online-go.com/latest?ascending=true&order=activity

3 Likes

@yebellz, I didn’t notice until afterwards and I mentioned that above.

2 Likes

I’d prefer to be sure that the tournament organizer agrees that technically it’s ok. I know I sound strict, but it would be bad to spoil our fun for a technicality.
Otherwise I’m ok with it.

1 Like

No it makes sense. I will check with the director right now.

1 Like

@Gia, I checked with the tournament director and they said it was fine. I am posting a screenshot since I think that it is pretty public knowledge who I am and who the tournament director is. Also there is no private information in the chat.
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 7.37.33 PM

1 Like

When one comes up with a question that fits in this thread, but doesn’t share it because it is no longer a necro bumping questions thread

1 Like

https://forums.online-go.com/latest?ascending=true&order=Activity Where to necro stuff

1 Like