Show Kyu/Dan instead of Glicko Rating on Player Profile

Point taken regarding the bolded part. Sorry for misconstruing what you said. However, as you acknowledge, the position that comparing sub-ratings with each other is “mathematically wrong” is just one interpretation of what anoek said. As I have explained, based on my experience, sub-ratings can absolutely be compared with each other, a little wonkiness notwithstanding. The more games you play in each category, the more reliable and comparable they become. Just HOW reliable any given sub-rating is can be clearly told from the associated deviation. Even a user who might initially be confused about wildly disparate sub-ratings can quickly recognize the reason for the disparity by looking at the rating deviations.

[quote="Ptro’]You also have to consider what is the main function of each one (and again this isn’t what I think, but what they are interpreted by the user as being. In UX we call that “affordances”)

Table: comparison between different data that allows comparisons between the other elements on the same table (which currently isn’t possible)
Line graph: comparison between the same data using a coordinate system (mostly used to display some data over time)
So yes, they must be considered as different things, even when the data that they shown is similar.[/quote]

Fair enough. I take your point that removing the ratings table doesn’t automatically mean that the sub-graphs should lose their function of displaying the Glicko2 rating when you hover over them.

I’m not saying that there are no good reasons to remove the ratings table. I’m saying (and explaining why) in my opinion and experience, having the ratings table is still better than not having it.

That is your opinion, and I disagree with it. Just because anoek thinks that “the results are humorous”, it doesn’t mean that the “discussion […] is already over”. As I’ve explained, I think consistency would be a pretty good reason to change the ratings table display from Glicko2 to kyu/dan. (However, as I’ve also stated, I don’t really have strong feelings on the matter.)

Again, with all due respect, you don’t get to decide that this matter is concluded. You’re already operating under the assumption that the ratings table should best be removed, which is why I’m explaining my viewpoint that it shouldn’t be removed.

As another side note, I would value your input into the aforementioned shade-of-colour UX issue discussed in this thread… Stretch rating graph :slight_smile: