Show the Fischer increment next to the clock

All relevant game settings need to be displayed without going into settings and opening popups that block the board.

Currently there is no indication at all that a game uses Fischer time.

The placement should be the same for all time formats (so people know where they have to look).

For example if a byoyomi game shows 0:20 (SD) then a Fischer game should show 0:20 (+10).

10 Likes

Not sure if I like extra text or not, but +1 to having time settings easier to view.

1 Like

I’m with benjito, it would be nice to be able to view that in some way on the main display but I’m not convinced about that exact way. Displaying it as “0:20 (+10)” could confuse someone into thinking they have 20+10=30s for the current move… (+10/mv) is better but maybe a bit long. Maybe adding a second line would be best.

3 Likes

Since both players have the same fischer time, unlike byo-yomi where players can have different periods remaining, doesn’t need to necessarily be on both player cards… Maybe it could be above or below with something like “Fischer 20s” or what have you.

4 Likes

I agree with all of the above… to build on what BHydden wrote, since both players have the same Fischer time additions, that info could be shown in a way that is more intuitive to that fact, as BHydden indicated. Something that indicates that info is for both players.

3 Likes

If there’s space to add info about Fischer time can I also request that the ruleset be added too.

Like if some small text is added somewhere saying Fischer 10s/move and maybe beside/underneath just a word like one of Chinese/Japanese/Korean/AGA/NewZealand so one doesn’t have to check the settings page, same reasoning.

1 Like

Maybe this could all go in the info card that pops up when you click the player card? I know this doesn’t exactly match the infor that is there currently, but just suggesting an option.

Territory 83
Captures 3
Komi 6.5

Ruleset Japanese
Timing 10m + 5s

As @BHydden said, this info doesn’t really need to be shown twice, so I’m not sure if this is the best way, but I like that those info cards are usually hidden, but unobtrusive when shown.

I might also note that nothing happens when the time itself is clicked. Perhaps a detailed box could show when the time is clicked.

Time settings

Fisher (5m+30s)
Each player starts with 5 minutes of main time with increments of 30 seconds per move up to 10 minutes

EDIT: This card could also get re-use on the games list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

benjito wrote:

“I might also note that nothing happens when the time itself is clicked. Perhaps a detailed box could show when the time is clicked.”

…That gave me an idea.
When I’m in a game, and I click on my opponent’s name, nothing great happens; wouldn’t it be awesome if some stats came up? Like maybe a record of how many wins and losses you have against them?.. Or even better, the results of an AI analysis of all their past games with an indication of where they will probably play next! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• I was not here. I didn’t say that. The spice must flow. :alien:
1 Like

Like maybe a record of how many wins and losses you have against them?

This’d be nifty.

1 Like