+ sign on the new move

I am just so used to not having it. I dislike the + and I think that I should be able to change it in settings. It didn’t do it right away for some other people I know on the site and I was saying how they were lucky they didn’t have it. I say it should be a setting, since I know some like it, while some don’t

1 Like

One problem with the translucent stone idea is that on desktop, there is already a translucent stone to indicate where your mouse hovers over the board, so there would be no visual change when you select your move.

1 Like

Except that it would be “left behind” when you move your mouse…

2 Likes

True, I’m not saying it’s impossible to figure it out. It’s just nice to have that immediate visual feedback.

2 Likes

I somehow like the circle and the plus better than just the plus. Can you please just put the option in settings to do whatever the person playing choses or is that more complicated? I am not a programmer so I wouldn’t know.

2 Likes

I was also thinking that you could leave the circle on the other piece while the plus is there and just take it off when the person submits the move. I currently feel that the circle is missing when I am playing and it feels weird after always having it.

3 Likes

My vote is for leaving the plus sign and adding transparency to the stone. I find the current version OK, but I did forget to submit my move once or twice.

A sign without stone would be confusing in my opinion.

2 Likes

I am not a big fan of this new plus sign. That’s being nice, it’s like a slap in the face. I find it very jarring. It does not belong. I remember test driving a Honda 25 years ago. It was a used car and had manual crank down windows. The crank was designed poorly so if you didn’t crank it a certain way you would hit your hand on the interior door handle. I commented on this and the used car salesman shrugged his shoulders and said “You get used to it”. I was not interested in getting used to it and have never owned a Honda because of it. Please don’t compromise on good design. It’s a beautiful game, please keep it so.

I only ever play correspondence at the moment so I have no need for this scar on my stones.

Love the site,

1 Like

I have actually mixed them up for the circles multiple times. It is annoying because then I try and play two moves at once before I realize this.

2 Likes