Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Sorry for abandoning you in the corner @yebellz.

All these positions look good for me to foil @Vsotvep’s escape:

I’d prefer the direct capture but would also like to avoid colliding. So if nobody has a better idea I think I’ll literally roll a die to pick one.

@terrific if you’d like to work together to capture something let me know. Though mixing the colors seems like it will make it weaker in the long run, it might help quickly secure that lower-right corner.

1 Like

Oh, we could with together and play E18 F17 S16 with the obvious colors, I think guaranteeing at least one capture.

Oops, this is wrong.

No worries, @Feijoa. I think it’s best that we don’t overconcentrate in the top-left, anyways.

Worrying about collisions with simultaneous moves gives this game a particular feel

1 Like

I don’t think R16 can be saved easily, but extending once would add nice aji, I guess. Anyway I think F17 is more important.

1 Like

Less than two hours left… hope everyone submits a move!

2 Likes

I apologise for the delay, I slept a bit longer than usual today.

Round 6

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: Q10 @Jon_Ko: P3 @Vsotvep: F17
White @yebellz: B17 @Feijoa: Q15 @terrific: R5

New Position:

fractional_game2_07

Deadline for Round 7: 2021-11-23T09:00:00Z

4 Likes

Looks like team black is not doing so hot in the corners department…

So much fun to look at and ponder though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it!

3 Likes

I think my next move is obvious.

Well, I’ll capture at S16.

1 Like

I’ll try to assist in the lower right.

1 Like

Round 7

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: Q5 @Jon_Ko: S4 @Vsotvep: S16
White @yebellz: D18 @Feijoa: R13 @terrific: S3

New Position:

fractional_game2_08

Deadline for Round 8: 2021-11-24T14:00:00Z

It’s astounding to me that we have had only one collision so far :astonished:

3 Likes

I think my next move is not so obvious :sweat_smile:.

@yebellz Any plan? Save the Q4 stone?

1 Like

Yeah, good idea. I think it makes sense for my to try to pull it out. The best they can do is to collide, which still allows a white connection

1 Like

The upper-right looks safe for now, so maybe I should finally help somewhere else? I could play P4 to save Q4, and you two could attack at either P5 Q6 or S5 T4. With the matching green color my stone is going to be hard to kill, but it’s also on the outside so it won’t get in the way of the pink-white stones claiming the corner:

Actually, looking at these variations I like the second more, since in the first the blue-white stone loses its blue connection to the outside and is still in danger of attack by pink or green.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll submit T4

1 Like

The problem is, once we disclose our moves, it’s very easy for them to refute. For example:

2 Likes

Actually this might be okay for white. I’ll submit S5 for now

2 Likes

Okay, I submitted P4.