Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

I set the next time to 2021-12-31T17:00:00Z but actually I won’t be able to post the update until the next day after new years, around 2022-01-01T07:00:00Z

Happy new year everybody :partying_face: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Round 26

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: G10 @Jon_Ko: K2 @Vsotvep: N18
White @yebellz: K6 @Feijoa: O14 @terrific: G2

O13 is removed.
New Position:

fractional_game2_Round26_2

Check-in Time for Round 27: 2022-01-03T11:00:00Z

There has been no collision for the last eight rounds. You are coordinating very well to avoid them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Ooh, now I can take the opportunity to cut @Vsotvep at P15.

1 Like

I call bluff

3 Likes

But do you dare not to connect? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Round 27

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: M5 @Jon_Ko: H4 @Vsotvep: O18
White @yebellz: L6 @Feijoa: M18 @terrific: L4

No Collision again!

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round27

Check-in Time for Round 28: 2022-01-05T13:00:00Z

2 Likes

@Maharani, I think we need to cut pink at K4 and/or M4. I might play at K4, but I won’t play at M4, so you could play there.

1 Like

I was hoping/expecting @Vsotvep would try to block the cut so that my response on the top would have been unchallenged.

Now it’s a little more complicated, with the two possible places to separate those groups. At P15, if we collide, I lose that battle. With a collision at M17 I think I still have a ~50% chance of separating the groups in a local fight, depending on how we play on the fourth line. Also, I get a lot more liberties, and if it fails I can still play P15 later.

So I’ll go for M17.

Also, O18 was my “backup move” for a long time so I’ll need to find a new one :wink:

3 Likes

I already told you, it was a bluff :slight_smile:

I can read you like a book.

It’s funny, because I already expected that, and am playing it myself.

4 Likes

Yeah. It’s probably next to impossible to prevent white from connecting to the right side, but we probably need to connect out ourselves either way. I’ll play M4.

All players except @terrific have submitted a move. Next reminder: 2022-01-06T15:00:00Z

4 Likes

Sorry. Didn’t check the forum for a while because of fever caused by the vaccine. Will submit in a few hours.

6 Likes

Round 28

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: M4 @Jon_Ko: K4 @Vsotvep: L18
White @yebellz: L5 @Feijoa: M17 @terrific: M4

Maharani and terrific collide at M4.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round28

Check-in Time for Round 29: 2022-01-08T07:00:00Z

This center fight is so interesting :smiley:

3 Likes

Attack the group on the left side? @yebellz

1 Like

Abandon ship…? This result looks pretty disappointing for black to me. Or is it worth it to connect out with M3/N6…?

1 Like

There are now these seven key points in our fight:

Screenshot_20220105-220902

So I’ll continue here for up to seven rounds, but you won’t be able to deduce that I’m done until you see the tenuki :wink:

2 Likes

The fight on the bottom is looking bad for black, the fight in the upper right corner is looking good for black. Saving either of the green groups will be big and I won’t try to save the green+white one :wink:.

I don’t know if saving the black M5-N4 chain is big enough yet. How much points are they worth? I’d say about five points, but there’s so much going on… anyway M3 will only help it the bottom survives.

I think this would be a good timing for you to reduce white’s territory on the left side. Seems bigger to me.

2 Likes

I was thinking about your entire bottom group that might need connecting out…

Green is struggling everyhwere, the green chain can’t connect to anything.

1 Like

All players except @Vsotvep submitted a move. Next reminder: 2022-01-09T08:00:00Z