Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Round 24

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: K5 @Jon_Ko: G7 @Vsotvep: M12
White @yebellz: H6 @Feijoa: N14 @terrific: J8

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round24

Check-in Time for Round 25: 2021-12-29T11:00:00Z

This middle-game fight is fascinating! I do not know what to expect next :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@terrific played J7 or J8? diagram and move table are contradictory.

as a spectator, very fun to watch

5 Likes

Right, I apologise for the mistake, and thank you for correcting it!

3 Likes

Seems like I have to play O15 now.

Sorry for being late, I was feeling a bit ill earlier today.

Round 25

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: J7 @Jon_Ko: J2 @Vsotvep: O15
White @yebellz: J6 @Feijoa: N17 @terrific: J5

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round25

Check-in Time for Round 26: 2021-12-31T17:00:00Z

4 Likes

I realized that if I play something like D3 it would look lonely but actually be hard to kill since itā€™s touching large chains of both green and white. A similar thing happened with the blue moves this turn.

So @terrific let me know if you need some help harassing any of those groups. Otherwise I do still have plenty to work on in my corner!

3 Likes

Yea, working on the corner seems reasonable.

1 Like

Okay, thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

Not feeling very confident about my move, nor my last oneā€¦

Our position around your last move is okay. Black+green is still in trouble, but so are the two white chains that just bumped into each other. Black+blue has help on the right and the top. You can put some pressure on white and you just need to to leave some space for my green and Vsotvepā€™s pink.

1 Like

I set the next time to 2021-12-31T17:00:00Z but actually I wonā€™t be able to post the update until the next day after new years, around 2022-01-01T07:00:00Z

Happy new year everybody :partying_face: :fireworks:

3 Likes

Round 26

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: G10 @Jon_Ko: K2 @Vsotvep: N18
White @yebellz: K6 @Feijoa: O14 @terrific: G2

O13 is removed.
New Position:

fractional_game2_Round26_2

Check-in Time for Round 27: 2022-01-03T11:00:00Z

There has been no collision for the last eight rounds. You are coordinating very well to avoid them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Ooh, now I can take the opportunity to cut @Vsotvep at P15.

1 Like

I call bluff

3 Likes

But do you dare not to connect? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Round 27

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: M5 @Jon_Ko: H4 @Vsotvep: O18
White @yebellz: L6 @Feijoa: M18 @terrific: L4

No Collision again!

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round27

Check-in Time for Round 28: 2022-01-05T13:00:00Z

2 Likes

@Maharani, I think we need to cut pink at K4 and/or M4. I might play at K4, but I wonā€™t play at M4, so you could play there.

1 Like

I was hoping/expecting @Vsotvep would try to block the cut so that my response on the top would have been unchallenged.

Now itā€™s a little more complicated, with the two possible places to separate those groups. At P15, if we collide, I lose that battle. With a collision at M17 I think I still have a ~50% chance of separating the groups in a local fight, depending on how we play on the fourth line. Also, I get a lot more liberties, and if it fails I can still play P15 later.

So Iā€™ll go for M17.

Also, O18 was my ā€œbackup moveā€ for a long time so Iā€™ll need to find a new one :wink:

3 Likes

I already told you, it was a bluff :slight_smile:

I can read you like a book.

Itā€™s funny, because I already expected that, and am playing it myself.

4 Likes

Yeah. Itā€™s probably next to impossible to prevent white from connecting to the right side, but we probably need to connect out ourselves either way. Iā€™ll play M4.