Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Likewise :smiley:

1 Like

I think black has much more to lose than us by not deviating from their plan, and we now have full awareness of it, and what moves they are committed to. Perhaps those two stones are lost, but with three free moves elsewhere, how might we take the most profit in the meantime?

Alright, I’ll play T13 or T14.

We need to consider defending now. The bottom right corner isn’t as safe as it was. P13 and P6 are important for green (but maybe not urgent for next round, especially P6). R6 also secures an eye for both green and blue, so maybe it’s worth a move. Apart from making eyes passively, another way to defend is to attack the bottom left.

I am talking about some vague ideas in the future, not this round.

@Feijoa @yebellz

2 Likes

@yebellz If you see this message on time, we can play E5 and F6.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve changed my move to F6

1 Like

Okay, since you guys are changing I’ll switch my move too. Not that anyone will believe me :wink:

1 Like

Round 22

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: T13 @Jon_Ko: T11 @Vsotvep: N12
White @yebellz: F6 @Feijoa: N13 @terrific: E5

After placing all stones …

… around T12 both the green- and the white-chain have no liberties. The white chain is removed first because it contains no stone placed this round.

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round22_2

Check-in Time for Round 23: 2021-12-25T08:00:00Z

Feels like this game just got very exciting :grin:

4 Likes

Staying up late to wait for Santa Claus just got more exciting too! :christmas_tree:

Vsotvep blocked me nicely…I guess I better escape at P8 before it also happens down there.

2 Likes

Right, I just remembered that I wanted to make a longer round over the holidays, upsi… I’ll leave it up to the players then: Do you want to have a longer round? (e.g. 4 days)

I feel this round went according to plan!

2 Likes

Yeah. Although I’m cut now on the left, this could have gone worse.

1 Like

Round 23

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N11 @Jon_Ko: F7 @Vsotvep: S12
White @yebellz: G6 @Feijoa: P13 @terrific: J4

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round23

Check-in Time for Round 24: 2021-12-27T11:00:00Z

Happy holidays everybody :blush:

5 Likes

I’m playing O14.

Happy and colorful holidays everyone :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

That doesn’t seem important to me. I don’t think white+green has enough space to run or build four eyes, we just need to make sure, that the black+pink chain is safe.

Sadly the situation of the black+green stones in the lower left is only slightly better. Capturing the white+blue cutting stones is probably the only way to save them, but as soon as they are connected to black+blue and white+pink it will be too late.

@Maharani, you could try to cut white+blue and white+pink or you could threaten white+blue’s eye-space on the left to put some pressure on yebellz.

1 Like

I’m not sure which stone to capture or if I’ll collide if I try, so I’ll extend to N14. Next, I need to work on both connecting through to the bottom-right and building some eyes against the wall in the upper-right, not sure how to balance these two priorities.

By the way, I thought I would have plenty of time, but I almost forgot about this game. I’d suggest that if others forget, you just announce a holiday extension by a day or two @martin3141 :christmas_tree:

Another day, another lie?

Huh, I don’t think of myself as a liar, but yes, looking back some of my posts sure don’t seem to correspond to my moves. It’s hard to remember what I was thinking in previous rounds though :thinking:

1 Like

I’ll play on the bottom side instead.

1 Like