Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

We start with an empty board, however I just noticed that @Vsotvep s great tool displays a 9x9 board, and I don’t know how to make it bigger :laughing:

Anyway let’s start the game and the discussion. However I would like to not set a fixed deadline until all participants have posted at least one message, to make sure that everybody knows that this game has started.
I will start a private message thread dedicated for move submissions with every participant.

1 Like

It’s in the “bs” parameter of the URL: https://vsotvep.github.io/MulticolorGo.html?bs=19

Being the first player here, I’m planning on playing in the top right to be polite. Just so that everyone knows.

4 Likes

I think all of the players should play in the top right, to be polite :smiley:

Are spectators allowed to participate in this thread? If not, this should probably be specified in the OP :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Uh-oh @yebellz and @terrific, if they all play Q16 and claim a powerful four-color 4-4 point we’re in trouble :wink:

I’ll try to counteract it in the upper-left, how about you all join me there?

2 Likes

I think I would like to play Q4. Let’s start with diagonal corners.

By the way, should we know yet what our secondary colors will be, or will that be a surprise?

1 Like

If there is still opportunity to choose, could my team be White and my secondary color be light blue (aka cerulean in the tool)?

The Sky Nation of Peace lives on!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in the setup thread? Anyway I’ll take orange+white if I have a choice!

2 Likes

Well, I think that developing our player personalities alongside our color choices are a vital part of this game. Given the team roleplay aspect, we should call this “Fictional Factional Fractional Go”.

In case we need emoji nicknames, I want to be
:dove:

3 Likes

I’m fine with light blue as my secondary colour. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ok, I have created the move submission channels. I’m waiting to “start the timer” until I confirmed that @Jon_Ko knows that this game has already started :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Right, question to the players: Would you prefer if spectators are not allowed to post? At the bare minimum I think spectators should be asked not to post any analysis, so I’ll add this to the OP. We could also open a private Kibitz thread :slight_smile:

Yes you can choose your colours, only please make sure the people you share these colours with are ok with it.

Have a nice game everybody!

2 Likes

As for me, I’m fine with spectators commenting, even if it’s analysis.

If @terrific has no preference, I’m looking forward to being surprised by my colour.

2 Likes

Can confirm :+1:
I’d prefer red as secondary color, but I’m okay with everything that’s distinguishable.

2 Likes

@Maharani I think at least one of us should take another corner, do you have an idea already?

1 Like

Ok here is your deadline for the first move:

2021-11-12T17:00:00Z

If I get all moves significantly before the deadline, then I will proceed to the next round earlier.

3 Likes

That’s fine with me too. It doesn’t even look so different on the board :fox_face:

1 Like

I don’t have preference. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I conjecture taking big places quickly in the opening is still a good strategy. Therefore I propose to place our stones at three different corners. Are we allowed to communicate privately btw? @yebellz @Feijoa

1 Like

I think private communication is not allowed.

3 Likes

It’s in the rules:

This should be up at the top of this thread, too, to inform the spectators. (I’d be happy to have them doing arbitrary kibitzing here, by the way!)

4 Likes

I agree with allowing spectators to publicly kibitz and analyze in this thread. I think we’ll need all of the help that we can get!

3 Likes