Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Same!

2 Likes

So hereā€™s what Iā€™m thinking. Vsotvep will continue to extend, to save his stones. If I play to collide, that helps connect my groups but lets pink/black escape:

It seems inevitable, but maybe itā€™s a little better if I play Q13 first to strengthen my bottom stones and do the collision in the next round:

1 Like

Iā€™d suggest R14 collision so that your own group is well connected

I think the current proposal is to amend the board such that a pink/black stone will exist at R14 (to make up for @Vsotvep), so green/white colliding there would no longer be an option.

What ever happens, keeping pink/black confined and cut off from escape toward the center is key. Maybe a larger scale play around P13 or P14 could help? Other white stones could also come help.

If we keep pink/black confined, there simply is not enough room to make the four eyes needed for life in the corner.

So, if Iā€™m allowed a double move, Iā€™ll play R14 and Q14, then.

2 Likes

If you (the players) agree, I would suggest that @Vsotvep may play a public double move in this round (or choose to submit one move normally in secret). Starting next round weā€™ll use a new system where Iā€™ll remind players and extend the deadline in case of a missed move submission. But I would still ask you to try and submit your moves in time when possible, so the game can progress smoothly :slight_smile:

Allow Vsotvep a public double move?

• Sounds good.
  • No.

0 voters

Extend rounds until all players submitted moves?

• Okay
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

So, this poll now asks two questions: whether Iā€™m allowed a double move, and whether we should start using the new system. Iā€™m for both, but perhaps we need two polls :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Right, I added a second poll and descriptions which is for what.

1 Like

I guess with the current double move proposal, R14 makes sense.

1 Like

Just a kind reminder that the deadline is approaching.

4 Likes

Round 12

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: J14 @Jon_Ko: C7 @Vsotvep: R14, Q14
White @yebellz: C12 @Feijoa: R14 @terrific: O2

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round12

check in time for Round 13: 2021-12-04T07:00:00Z

Vsotvep and Feijoa collided at R14. Thank you all for voting in the poll. From now on I will extend the round by 24 hours whenever a move submission is missing, and write a reminder post :blush:

5 Likes

Itā€™s getting quiet hereā€¦but Iā€™ll play P14 unless someone has a better idea.

2 Likes

I have a better idea, but youā€™re probably not interested in it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m very paranoid about mentioning any of my intentions in here. Collisions seem like such a powerful ā€œmwahahahaha you fool, youā€™ve made me immortal!ā€ instrumentā€¦

4 Likes

Round 13

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: S10 @Jon_Ko: E7 @Vsotvep: K17
White @yebellz: D14 @Feijoa: R7 @terrific: C8

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round13

Check-in Time for Round 14: 2021-12-06T07:00:00Z

3 Likes

Hmm, looks like I was wrongly expecting to get a capture there :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been struggling to think about how groups without enough eyes will actually get killed:

Black can make a triple attack, but any White stone can collide to save it for another move:

No matter where they collide, both pink and black chains will have a liberty at H9.

Suppose Black-Green tries to kill by playing there. White-Pink can counter:

image (before captures)

Since both pink and white chains contain a new stone, they are not removed in the initial phase, and it ends up like this:

On the other hand, if Black-Blue joins the attack:

image (before captures)

Then all colors are represented in the new stone, so nothing is removed in the first phase, and everything dies in the second phase.

I have no idea if thatā€™s a reasonable sequence, but this seems much more complicated than I expected. I think weā€™re in for a crazy endgame.

Anyway, I think I need to penetrate the Black-Blue wall so Iā€™m going to aim for a collision at R10.

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m wondering how counting liberties will work in semeais. You showed that white can play inside to delay being captured, but that means white plays fewer stones on the outside. And in your example black can still kill by playing three more stones than white (which is the case if black+blue does indeed add a stone in the end).

4 Likes

Round 14

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: R9 @Jon_Ko: C6 @Vsotvep: J17
White @yebellz: S7 @Feijoa: R10 @terrific: C9

New Position:

fractional_game2_Round14

Check-in Time for Round 15: 2021-12-08T10:00:00Z

Itā€™s getting very exciting in multiple places. Iā€™m still baffled that there were only two collisions so far - are you trying to dodge them on purpose? :laughing:

PS: I canā€™t refrain from commenting how (it seems that) Maharani had the perfect read on Feijoa on the right side - well played.

4 Likes

Or was it the other way round? Feijoa announced R10 here. To me it comes as a surprise that Feijoa actually played their announced move :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:.

4 Likes