Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

I’ll play L15 and @Feijoa K15. My stone will die but that’s the plan. Next round the big green-white can escape by playing L15

Ah, yes, suicide L15 to allow green+white to play both moves, that’s neat, but I think our approach is still reasonable.

I’m missing why L15 will die…?

It will die if it’s pink and pink doesn’t have any liberties, but that’s not certain.

Ah yes, so this occurs just in the case where I don’t play K15. If I play K15 the white group gets connected out, if I don’t play it, the green group can probably connect… Hmm…

I’ll play K15 for sure, but maybe @yebellz can play the suicide and you J16 for a bigger capture and to put you in a better position? Of course Blue-Black could thwart that a couple of ways, but then white would be connected through and we could attack something else in the next round like L13/14. In that case I do hope Green-Black kills my group on top to open up another green liberty though.

A lot can happen, but I think we are alright either way.

4 Likes

I think we’re in trouble either way… We’ll see how it turns out

4 Likes

I would like to apologize for being a bad go player. :smiley:

What is the suicide play that you are referring to?

L15, clearing out a big opening like this (if I’m calculating it right):

imageimage

Not sure how you feel about sacrificing two stones but isn’t that a better position? Blue-Black would have to collide at K15 or J16 to keep blue alive.

Note that the white T-shape above might also get killed if they play on its one liberty.

1 Like

This is a trap. Black will play M19. The four white stones will die before we capture the blue.

2 Likes

I suggest @yebellz play K13 to reduce the liberties of K14 pink and L13 pink.
@Feijoa K15 as planned. I’ll pick a move from L15, M19, J16.

2 Likes

I would like to apologize for not pointing out the importance of J15.

Round 36

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: L15 @Jon_Ko: M19 @Vsotvep: H15
White @yebellz: K13 @Feijoa: K15 @terrific: M19

Jon_Ko and terrific collide at M19. After placing all stones …

… M19 and K14 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round36_2

Check-in Time for Round 37: 2022-01-26T09:00:00Z

Black&White

fractional_game2_Round36_Black&White

Colours

fractional_game2_Round36_Colours

It’s getting very confusing, I really hope that I made no mistake :sweat_smile: Anyway I’m excited to see what will happen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We beat the deadline by twelve hours, despite making more comments (I think?) than after any other move :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I should probably play K14 now?

EDIT: Or is white just dead already?

1 Like

Oh! This looks like everything went alright for us. I think the weak points currently are the L15 blue group, which can be captured with two moves, and the pink M12 group, which can be captured with three moves.

I think if Maharani connects with J16 or K14, and I play something like M11 or L11, that this should be fine. Jon_Ko could then return to the lower left situation.

@Jon_Ko, sorry for breaking our plan, I felt that it was quite likely that L15 would die (either the whole blue group, or by suicide) and that green would connect up, so I decided to play H15 to preemptively block Green one step further towards the centre.

1 Like

White has three liberties, but is very much cut off (there is still a small chance for white to connect on the P line, as Feijoa showed earlier). The blue cutting stones on the L line only have two liberties, so it would help to extend that by connecting at K14.

1 Like

No problem, I knew playing on the outside was viable too.

Now we have surrounded white and green and it looks like our surrounding stones are strong enough to survive.