Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Sorry for the delay. @yebellz has not submitted yet. Next reminder: 2022-07-05T06:00:00Z

1 Like

Sorry for the delay

No Problem!

Round 97

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N6 @Jon_Ko: K19 @Vsotvep: O12
White @yebellz: N6 @Feijoa: N6 @terrific: L11

Placing all stones ā€¦

ā€¦ N6 and L19 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round97_2

Check-in Time for Round 98: 2022-07-06T18:00:00Z

4 Likes

@Vsotvep, Iā€™m contemplating to play G14, what do you think?

Couldnā€™t do much harm either way, I presume.

1 Like

Round 98

Team Blue Green Pink
Black @Maharani: N6 @Jon_Ko: G14 @Vsotvep: M18
White @yebellz: B12 @Feijoa: J15 @terrific: P1

No collision! Placing all stones ā€¦

ā€¦ H14 and N5 are removed. New Position:

fractional_game2_Round98_2

Check-in Time for Round 99: 2022-07-08T18:00:00Z

3 Likes

Getting N6 to be Blue | Black is pretty huge, itā€™s one step closer to being completely connected. Also, N5 forms another eye.

1 Like

I propose that White resigns.

I count that Black is ahead by at least 10 points. Even if we remove all of the green/black stones at the bottom, as well at the pink/black stone at M1, and the two blue/black stones at J5, and then take control of all of the area that they currently occupy, we would still be behind by 10 points. Of course, itā€™s likely that the gap would be even larger since connecting out the J5 stones is quite possible.

I donā€™t see any other possible big endgame moves that could drastically change the score.

What do you think @Feijoa and @terrific?

3 Likes

I am fine with resigning.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve also counted the score and am happy to resign.

4 Likes

Well played, everyone! :slight_smile: For a while I was convinced black had no chance to win.

5 Likes

Thank you for playing everyone and well played as well! It was exciting till the end.

This was fascinating, probably my favourite Go variant of those that Iā€™ve tried. I believe the public discussion adds a lot of flavour and makes it a lot less speculative, since itā€™s quite hard to effectively coordinate moves as a team.

Iā€™d be up for another one of these, or am happy to host one.

4 Likes

Congratulations Black!

Yes, that was a lot of fun. I spent so much time trying to read out what was going to happen, thinking about what X would do if Y knows that Z thinks that Iā€™m going to play hereā€¦usually without really getting anywhere.

Also, I committed to a particular style of communication at the beginning hoping that at least @yebellz would notice, but I fear that maybe only @Vsotvep figured it out (did you?), and by the end was keeping it up just because it had gone on so long alreadyā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely sure, but I felt confident that you never really announced your actual plans, since your moves generally did not happen on the places you claimed. Especially when saying you wouldnā€™t be doing something, youā€™d usually do it

4 Likes

Apparently I failed to learn from zendo and made my rule too complicated :wink:

3 Likes

So what was your rule? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I lied on the odd moves. For example, I didnā€™t really count the score :smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for playing @Feijoa @Jon_Ko @Maharani @terrific @Vsotvep @yebellz! It was my pleasure to accompany you on this game. How did you like the variant?
I personally think that additional colours make chains less stable (opposite to what I thought when we started). As a result more captures tend to occur, making the game fun and exciting :slightly_smiling_face:
Ultimately you created stable chains on the boundary between Black and White, sharing secondary colour with an opposing chain. I quite like that.

I made a GIF as promised, but itā€™s too large to upload here :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone, it was really interesting to play. Iā€™m glad we could turn the game around. Well done team black. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for hosting, martin. <3 And you better find somewhere to host that gif, as wellā€¦

3 Likes