Simultaneous Fractional Go Game 1

Thank you for playing, everyone. It was a very interesting game. Thank you @martin3141 for hosting!

3 Likes

Thanks @martin3141 for being a great host! I really did enjoy this variant. Maybe the most interesting discovery for me was how we could play hard-to-kill stones at a boundary by sharing one color with an alive friendly group and the other with an enemy group.

I am still bothered by the possibility of accidentally ending the game and how that led to the tactic of randomly sprinkling stones around.

Anyway, I think thereā€™s still a lot to learn about it, especially to see more difficult life and death battles, and Iā€™d be interested in trying a smaller board that we can play out all the way.

3 Likes

Yes, I think at least one repetition should be allowed, as was suggested at one point.

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear that you all enjoyed the game :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations to both teams for playing an excellent game! The players piloting green stones had a bit of a rough game, but both @Jon_Ko and @Feijoa played well! And Iā€™m grateful that eberybody participated until the end.

GIF

fractional_gif_comprimated

8 Likes

Amazing!!! I feel like that .gif is the reason I played. <3

5 Likes

It feels like the game of life with some very weird rules

2 Likes

Soooo when does game 2 startā€¦? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe three teams would be interesting?

2 Likes

Iā€™m down for playing or being the arbiter for a second game :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Anyone want to try 9x9 this time?

2 Likes

I liked 19 x 19.

3 Likes

Shall I be arbiter? I think you deserve to play your own creation.

3 Likes

@Vsotvep Iā€™m happy that you had fun playing this variant, and Iā€™ll gladly be arbiter so you (and everybody else) can play again :slightly_smiling_face:

There is plans to create a go variants server coded by OGF users. So it is possible that this could be used in the future to automate the arbiter role. (Plus there is a project by a friend of mine and me, which will hopefully go live one day)

3 Likes

Soon enough that we can wait for that to start? I mean, this current game started back in Novemberā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, itā€™ll still take some time I believe.

1 Like

With that other go variants server (open source and already running), maybe it would be less work to modify that one to add multicolor stones?

1 Like

Yes, we can wait for it, although I donā€™t know when itā€™ll be ready. I personally only have time on the weekend, and I havenā€™t succeeded in starting the project on my end :sweat_smile:

So I guess it largely depends on Jon_Ko, benjito and who else decides to contribute. But I donā€™t want to pressure anybody to rush things.

Iā€™ll gladly be the arbiter again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Which one?

https://go.kahv.io/

Itā€™s lacking simultaneous moves too.

3 Likes