Slack Bot for Correspondence Games

Do we have a slack bot for making moves for correspondence games on slack?

1 Like

We don’t even have a discord bot AFAIK. But there are third party android and iOS apps if you’re interested, and even a terminal interface.

2 Likes

If there’s some interest in this, I could try making one.

3 Likes

I don’t know Slack.
I googled it and it seems a social platform for working teams. For work I use Microsoft Teams. Is it similar?

What’s the purpose of a bot playing go on Slack?
Would that be an AI playing go or just an interface to manage OGS games?

2 Likes

AI slack bot
A slack or discord bot that is an AI would be a good idea, although that doesn’t sound related to OGS at all. In particular it could be a good idea to allow the users of a channel to play a rengo or participative game together against the AI.
In fact, I’d be surprised if that didn’t already exist. Due to the popularity of discord for go clubs and internet go groups, and due to how easy to use the discord api to build a chatbot, I’m sure there are multiple instances of AI go bots playing on discord already.

OGS interface slack bot
I don’t know enough about slack, but I’d be concerned about a discord bot asking me for my OGS password. Perhaps if OGS had a token-based restricted authentification like github now has, that could work. For instance, you can generate a token for a particular game, that allows anyone who knows this token to make moves in this game without connecting fully to your account. In this case it would be ok to communicate the token to a third-party bot or app so we can use it as an interface to OGS, without being worried about security concerns.

1 Like