Snack like a pro

This is my favorite part of title matches - food! It’s often overlooked because stronger players are too interested in the game and weaker players fall asleep. So I decided to make a thread about it. I’m not good with Japanese so probably I’m not going to attempt translate specific meal names.

Today we had Shibano Toramaru vs Iyama Yuta Oza title game 3.

Lunch, left (first) - Iyama, right (second) - Shibano

Snack. Iyama (first) - fruits, hot coffee. Shibano (second) - shingen peach(?), iced coffee.

17 Likes

Today we had Iyama Yuta vs Kyo Kagen Tengensen game 3.

10:30 snack. Iyama - hot coffee. Kyo - fruits (pictured) and hot black tea.

Lunch. Iyama (first) - tempura soba, Kyo - beef curry. I guess.

14 o’clock snack. Iyama - fruits, hot coffee. Kyo - fruits, shortcake, hot coffee and iced black tea.
Pictured: Kyo’s fruits and cake.

13 Likes

This thread is great :smiley:

2 Likes

They are champions, famous people, right?
So I suppose there’s some interest also on this part of their life, but when I see articles about this kind of details I always wonder if we could also know the brand of their underwear! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In earlier times, students of many disciplines would even go as far as learning how their masters go to the bathroom, to copy every aspect of their life as fully as possible.

2 Likes

Today we had Iyama Yuta vs Shibano Toramaru Oza title game 4

Lunch. Iyama (first) - nigirizushi. Shibano (second) - tempura udon.

Snack. Shibano (first) - cheesecake, iced coffee. Iyama (second) - fruits, apple juice.

12 Likes

Tengensen.

Iyama Yuta (first) - sansai soba, onigiri. Kyo Kagen (second) - beef curry, salad and grapefruit juice.

8 Likes

Iyama played Kono Rin in two day match.

7 Likes

You’re kidding me (pun intended, PG filter applied).

Gosei today between Hane Naoki Gosei and Ichiriki Ryo 8 dan. Looks pretty. I’m not even sure what most of these are.

9 Likes

I wonder how that contraption at the upper right looks closed.

3 Likes

These are some nice cakes

10 Likes

Wait iyama ate some maki too.I am actually surprised they didn’t eat multi layer cake.Also you splelled shushi wrong

1 Like

It’s spelt nigirizushi rather than nigirisushi because Japanese modifies the connecting consonants in compound words.

6 Likes

I’d always wondered that. My assumption was that “sushi” was an abbreviated Romanization adapted from nigirizushi, the actual term in Japanese (since English is all about shortening words.)

1 Like

@bugcat is right, this phenomenon is called Rendaku.

I find this pretty ironic.

Shushi is the Japanese word for seed, nut or pit.

8 Likes

Dang it - now I’m craving sashimi…

1 Like

Another fish salad

12 Likes

I was trying to remember the name of this thread and when I remembered I was amused again by how good it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Twitter embeds never used to display for me.

I don’t know whether Twitter changed something or of it’s because of my new laptop, or browser change, or how I’m getting my internet, but they finally show~

3 Likes