Special Lecture with Lukáš Podpěra 7D - Round 2

Hello all.

It is my pleasure to announce another special lecture with Lukáš Podpěra 7D. This time around the topic will be “situational moves”

So on 29.8. (that’s 29th of august for you US folk :stuck_out_tongue: ) 18:00 - 20:00 UTC we will have a streamed lesson with Lukáš Podpěra 7D :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

This is Study Group special event, while stream itself will be public and is meant to attract attention to this group, only members will actually be able to actively participate and ask questions on OGS during the lecture.

Lukan is one of the European top players, EGF pro qualification finalist, the organizer of Corona Cup (three times) and he recently placed 4th in World Amateur Go Championship.

Please check the Beginner Group Discord and our Study Group (follow this link .) The stream will happen on said discord server.

Our study group is meant to be sort of Go club for people who have no AFK Go club or for people who like to also study online. We meet every few weeks to go over games, problems, josekis etc. Please check community announcements in the Beginner Discord for sign up form if you would like to participate regularly.

Turtle out

7 Likes

If you’re as lazy as I am, that’s 2021-08-29T18:00:00Z to 2021-08-29T20:00:00Z :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Can you clarify on that please? Which timezones are you converting? Because I think that some timezone feature you used does not work correctly and it might confuse people.

I like to use UTC because it is universal zone by which others are defined and does not suffer from daylight saving time which actually switches on different dates in US and in Europe :smiley:

obrazek

Converting from UTC to whatever your system default is.

Hmm. I added screenshot that seems to demonstrate that the feature does not work correctly here :thinking:

or at very least displays in very confusing way

It looks correct to me. Athens time is UTC + 3:00, no? Since these are the dates and times, discourse is supposed to automatically take daylight savings into consideration…

It shows the correct time on my end.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 1.49.12 AM

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 1.49.25 AM

If you look at my screenshot it does not show me original time and then converted time. It shows me two different times. ie it shows me UTC 18:00 and UTC 20:00 or in local time 21:00 Athens and then 23:00 Athens.

so the way it should work is like this:

August 29, 2021, 18:00 UTC → August 29, 2021, 21:00 ATH

And then show exactly the same box when you hover over it because it is actually the same time.

That’s the start and end time. 21:00 ATH to 23:00 ATH

1 Like

oohhhh!OOOOOOHHH!!!

HAHAHAHAHA! OK I am an idiot. Now it makes sense to me. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

On my defence I was confused by the AM-PM thing. Not used to it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I got rid of the arrow in case it confuses anyone else :slight_smile:

1 Like