Square flags for Vatican City and Switzerland

Hi there,

First I would like to thank the developers for their awesome work on all the aspects of the OGS experience. It is awesome and refreshing in the Go world.

I have a very humble suggestion regarding the flags feature. This feature is great and works well.
There is just a small issue with the flags of Switzerland and Vatican City. To be correct these flags should be square and not rectangular.
From Wikipedia:

The Swiss flag is one of only two square sovereign-state flags, the other being the flag of Vatican City.

While it may seem a bit nitpicking, it is an important fact for the concerned people :slight_smile:
I would understand if it’s not a high priority thing and if it is ignored for years.
Still, it would make my day to see this updated with the appropriate geometric shape.

Again, thanks for all the hard work and high quality experience you provide us everyday.

6 Likes

FTR the images used are in this repository: https://github.com/online-go/world-flags-sprite - I think it should just be a matter of editing them in place and submitting a pull request.

6 Likes

Hi @anoek and thank you for pointing me to this repository.

I have made a pull request. Hopefully I did everything right.
Feel free to suggest corrections and I’ll update it.

3 Likes