Thanks Tom, … Yes, that is how the Pros “hold and place a Go stone” but my “punk-stone” method (see my edited post - I corrected my finger names per the image by Atorrante) has a few advantages… I’m sure it will become the norm very soon. ![]()
Not what I would expect from a “no future” way of acting.
What do you mean by:
???
Also, when you quoted me, you should have included the “
” at the end, it gives my statement important context. ![]()
….punk-rock… punk-stone…. Get it? (the early punk-rock movement had a lot of “do it your way if it works for you” attitude)…. Yeah, it is a bad joke, or not a joke at all; but I’ve never claimed to be a good comedian. ![]()
As a former professional sound engineer and a professional mechanical engineer who likes wood {even though my mechanical designs were all done with steel, aluminum, and plastic (mainly)} the “harder” click vs the “softened click” can be caused by many things (and each can contribute some) in addition to how much force is applied to the stone (and the shape as you already mentioned) such has the type (hardness) of wood (of the GoBan), the microphone used to record the click (& the distance the mic was from the GoBan), and the distance between (or lack thereof) the stone and and the board when the force (from the finger) is applied… Did somebody say
- yeah, that’s a BIG part of it!
