Suggestion: Information whether my friends are currently playing

Hi! I think that while OGS is an excellent server with really smooth gaming experience, it can be even better if it introduces few “social” features. For example:

1. Next to friends name, info whether they are in game right now (maybe with a link to the game). This way, once I log in, I can either spectate or challenge them to a game.
  2. News feed, so I could e.g. see if any of my friends: ranked up/down / is participating in a tournament / has a correspondence game open… And as much as I dislike FB, maybe even a “Thumbs-up” button?
  3. Direct messaging feels… Weird. For example, this message icon on top right bar only shows up group messages.

Just few thoughts :).

10 Likes

Next to friends name, info whether they are in game right now (maybe with a link to the game). This way, once I log in, I can either spectate or challenge them to a game.

Nice idea.

2 Likes

How about being able to specify the time zone in addition to your country? (UTC ± x)

3 Likes

Klingons and Star Fleet will use Star Time? :smiley:

1 Like

In the games page you can configure the filter to show only your friend games. It’s not exactly what you’ve asked for but does the same job.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.