Suggestion: note for user in friend list

I have been playing on and off for several years, and my friend list increase overtime.

Problem is many people change their nickname on a whim, so I’d like to have a note feature for friend list, so I can add my own nickname for the user to remember them by. I accidentally unfriended one of my kouhai before because he changed nickname, I thought he was just a passer-by I forgot T_T

5 Likes

I would use that feature so hard it would report me for psychological abuse.

2 Likes

I wonder if a client-side feature would be OK for this? That is - would it be OK to only remember this note in the same way that we remember your choice of settings - in your browser?

If it would be OK, it would have a chance of being implemented soonish.

If we need to store this information in the server, that competes with many other more important ideas/features.

2 Likes

Just speaking personally, I think having friend notes being device-specific would be more annoying than helpful, but it’s possible that’s just me…

2 Likes

Boom, that kills that feature then :wink:

2 Likes

/casts down divine judgement :smirk:

1 Like

(my comment was an observation, not a judgement)

2 Likes

(my comment was a humourous continuation, implying that my lone opinion was as divine judgement bringing death upon the feature) :wink:

3 Likes

Would it be possible to have it client side, but have an option to import/export to/from a text file so that people could easily move their notes to a different computer? I feel like that would be almost as good (better, in some ways) as full integration.

1 Like

I’d very much prefer to see it as a full integration. Settings makes sense to store locally (e.g. I want to hear my computer play sounds, but I do not want my phone to do so,) but I can’t think of a reasonable scenario in which I’d only want notes about who a person is on a single device. The idea of import/export makes this idea of storing friend notes client-side only very slightly less painful, as the process would need to be repeated whenever notes are updated/friends added with new notes, etc. I think this would need to be a database-stored piece of information to make it a useful feature.

3 Likes

This is one of the most annoying things about OGS. Trying to keep notes like this would make it even worse.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.