Suggestions and Questions about the Games tab

Hello everyone,
Today I was thinking about the newly named “Games” section of the OGS website, and I have a few questions and suggestions about it.

Questions:
How can I get one of my games to be viewed on the Games tab?
Why are games chosen the way they are, if they are chosen?

Suggestions:
Make it easier for games to be put on the Games section, for example, allowing each player to have the option to allow viewing, and then the game could be viewed if both players say it can. (Sorry if this is already the case, I don’t know where this option is)
Have the ability to search through games, preferably through filters. For example: game size, most viewed, average rank, bot vs. human, human vs. human, names.
If the games are specifically chosen, the Games tab could have a special section for those games, and then another one for normal games.

The main reason for all of this, is so lower level players like me can view games that are slightly higher in rank, so that we could see how players higher ranked then us play, and then learn from them. Right now, most of the games are 1d and above, so we basically have no idea what is going on.

Thank you,
-MrC

1. That’s not new, it’s been around for at least 15 months (as long as I’ve been on OGS.)

2. All games are on that tab, unless you make it a private game.

3. Filters exist - sort of. You can pass URL parameters to sort and filter results, but I don’t remember the syntax off the top of my head. I think this is on the wishlist already. (Of course, the front-end being open source means you’re more than welcome to help make that a reality sooner!)

4. I think it’s sorted by strength by default, so just go towards the end and you’ll see lower level games.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I guess I didn’t pay close enough attention to the area. :slight_smile:

2 Likes