Text editors that Go players like

Technically, you did… You were just quoting someone else :stuck_out_tongue: and unfortunately quoting quotes in here doesn’t work so well :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was actually @benjito that said that (in another thread) and it appeared inside of @Eugene’s post as a quote. I noticed that when one tries to quote quoted text (by selecting it and clicking quote) the discourse system seems to get confused and misattributes it.

3 Likes

Another example

4 Likes

But, did you…? :thinking:

3 Likes

No, “technically” I did not. Nitpickingly, one could argue that these words were in my typing, but it is a ridiculous proposition to assert that I “said” it.

Forum quirks are no excuse for misquoting: you just edit the quote markup to be correct.

This is an example where it utterly doesn’t matter in the specific case - no-one could care less what my opinion about emacs is - but things can go pear shaped where people are misquoted, so I don’t like to let that pass as a matter of course.

2 Likes

I’m sorry about that - I tried my hand at the automatic quoting system and did not notice the result was misleading. I edited my post to remove the confusion.

4 Likes

Woo hoo another quoting-capable person joins the fold! A text-editor skill if ever there was one :smiley:

Must be a Vim user :smirk:

I just realised what my favourite text editor is: discourse! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

It’s nice here… I’m also quite partial to GitHub’s setup as well :slight_smile:

I, for whatever reason, always confuse discourse and discord. It took me far too long to figure out why you said that :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

So many :man_facepalming: today :cry: I might have to hang up my keyboard !

That one was on me though, not you :wink:

:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I also really like this forum software. It’s a probably a big reason of why I wound up spending so much more time here than r/baduk and L19x19.

However, although I came for the superior forum software, I stayed for the great community.

4 Likes

I learned emacs starting in '89 (pre vim’s existence). I’ve tried others since, but my fingers and brain and the suitcase full of elisp functions and macros I carry around are pretty much set in stone.

1 Like

vi started '76 (like Emacs)

3 Likes

Do i hear some bragging here?
^_____^

No. Emacs ist '76 as well.