The all-in-one democratic game

White to play, suggestions time

2 Likes

White R18

2 Likes

Bottom right corner, high approach.
Or how I’m supposed to say where to move if there is no coordinates on picture?)

3 Likes

I scrolled up to Comment 436, which has the coordinates. But… yeah, it would be nice if they were in Groin’s comment as well…

1 Like

Q5. I think it is crucial to get this in before black encloses. It seem much bigger to me than the upper right corner.

3 Likes

Sorry I just noticed I forgot coordinates this time.

I already suggested that R18, R12, Q12, K16, Q5, R5, and C10 are worthy of a first round of discussion.

Personally I’d be quite interested in K16 and also C10, and ofc R18 is reasonable. Q5 / R5 is more Alexander’s idea (and Conrad’s, it seems).

1 Like

Running so low financially that even my mobile data get compromised…
As I said from first day this is not just my thing and as @stone.defender already did a few times, it’s completely welcome to create the polls, publish the dias… So to keep lively this democratic go game.

Mechanisms seems clear and if any changes required or to suggest, we have a thread for it.

I’m still here, just any help is always appreciated.

1 Like

@bugcat gave many suggestions which is appreciated, would we have a bit of comments on these around?

I’d love to hear more from all who mainly just come and vote (well it’s fine) your opinion matters too!

There’s not much to say. I only want to finish the joseki. That means R18, then R12, then L17.

1 Like

Q13 could work instead of R12? If white plays L17, then go for Q6, high enclosure. White will probably have to invade

1 Like

Well yes it’s how to squeeze a bit this black group from corner or side.
At this point side looks a bit vague compared to the points of the corner, and keeping the sente to double extend at the top quite awesome too.
Of course you can’t get everything and that will favors black on the right and botton right corner.

everyone ignores it, so I will too

White to move

• Q5
  • R18
  • K16
  • C9
  • C10
  • R5
  • R12
  • Q12
  • Q13
  • other
0 voters

Update: no draw please

1 Like

R18 is chosen with 42% concurring.

Suggestion time. I’ll start: R12

3 Likes

Q6 - black needs to punish white for not making big moves

1 Like

That seems sensicle.

If we enclose lower right, how do you counter White pressing down at R13? White would get a big framework. White can also attack outright at S12. I like a local answer to stop these options in sente. (If White doesn’t want to get attacked, Black gets to enclose lower right anyway.)

4 Likes

As much as I want to enclose the lower right corner, Black must protect his group with R12.

2 Likes

I vote q13, just to be higher up. Also for variety

1 Like

I still want to do K16 - disrupt White’s large extension on top, and if White chases Black’s upper right corner group, they could still crawl on the 2nd line to make a large extension on the right

1 Like