The all-in-one democratic game

poll broken, “Show vote” button does nothing, I see results and didn’t even vote, can’t

2 Likes

I’d vote for C16 - maybe we just take it as read?

2 Likes

O what’s happening? First time. Ok I put again, people who voted don’t have to again if they want. I ll manage

• C16
  • D15
  • Other

0 voters

Anyway that was good idea, I’ll count your vote if you can’t vote in the poll again.

Thanks a lot for reporting

do you see red “resume poll” button?

No

C16 won, let’s just get on with it, eh?

Obviously but there is some politeness to let everyone give his vote in the 24hrs.

Besides I opened a topic in meta for the poll crash.

There’ve been two polls and C16 won both unanimously.

We should allow the game to proceed – sometimes moves are simply forced, and there’s no point in taking an age over a non-branching sequence.

1 Like

Black to play.

Suggestions time.

1 Like

A15

White shouldn’t get a corner that big.

2 Likes

A15 is a privilège for both so it’s one more reason to take it first.
The only drawback is to remove the aji left by C15 stone but if we assume a connection to B17 next it’s B17 which will relay so all good.
If we connect we live by miai for the second eye so at same time it will be gote but we can’t have all.

(Btw all is going wrong I forgot the coordinates this time…) Edited

Black to play.

I agree with A15, it is double sente as said.

1 Like

I’m not sure if Black shouldn’t first push up at D12.

1 Like

If Black plays anything other than A15 (unless it’s very urgent and White must answer), I fear that White will play A15 and get not only lots of territory but also the potential to undermine Blacks B13 eye. Therefore I agree that Black should play A15 here. I think the question will be if White captures with D15 or connect with B16 afterwards. In the former case, Black might play elsewhere and be prepared to play a Ko. Specifically, I’m talking about this position:

1 Like

D12 is certainly not something White would answer with A15. Also, if Black can get D15 without White being able to block at E15, then Black could capture B15, which makes that group almost completely alive without strengthening C10. What I am thinking right now is D12, E12, E11, F11, D11 and then White has a lot of cuts to think about. If Black first plays at A15, and even if White answers at B16, then D15 is much less of a worry for White.

1 Like

B10.

The white drop-down is not sente if black gets his eyes in the left side white area.

1 Like