The all-in-one democratic game

Oh yeah, that’s actually a pretty subtle shape choice.

Are they both the same practically, do you think?

3 Likes

Yes I believe so. Seems like White will most likely capture C15, and Black will connect underneath and have good eye shape.

3 Likes

I think B15 should be included in the poll anyway. I guess someone may like it.

1 Like

B15 although inferior as the shape resulting by capturing a stone if white had cut at B15, is still an idea.
In that case wouldn’t be B16 providing more thickness, , but 2 ko threats more, better?

Black to play, please vote.

• A13
  • B12
  • B15
  • B16

0 voters

2 Likes

and again no board…(

5 Likes

How about we do a conditional poll this once, since the continuation seems pretty obvious?

If B12 wins, White should play

• B15
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

After B12 and B15,

I m sure that even further capturing the stone at A13 will get 100% votes but let’s check

• B12 B15 A13
  • Something else

0 voters

1 Like

White C16 is forced as well though, no?

We should really have attached this whole three-move variation to the B12 vote.

2 Likes

3 polls at the same time is confusing
update of board is needed
pre

3 Likes

I’m not sure on that

Let’s not do this three votes thing again! E.g. it’s kind of difficult for someone who wants to join the game.
Is the yesterday poll “official”? If it is, we should post a board state and a vote for the move after A13. If no one does it until then, I’ll do it tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes that’s my feeling too. We can go with Atari capture which is easy to visualize, and have the break there to consider next step( my guess being everyone going to agree on these two moves ).
We need to keep the game open to all kind of levels and the wish was to not hurry up (speed polls have been demoted collectively). Let say it did wake up us after these winter holidays :wink:
Note: poll just closed while I am here so I publish the goban, but you (everyone) is welcome to do it too.

White to play, time to suggest!

1 Like

May I remind that the main argument to have cut this side was to be sente. (The other cut looked more promising to me but, true, that one looked really gote)
I am not saying that white should tenuki now, just considering next moves.

I’m not thinking about sente here.

My main motivation would be to demolish black for ignoring D14, so it is a given that we must continue with C16 - capture. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

D15 may be additionally strong against players who don’t read ahead.

1 Like

White C16 is sente, because it threatens B11 which would kill.

If White doesn’t play C16 then this whole maneouvre was meaningless.

2 Likes

B11 will not kill as black car still escape into the center. Locally speaking, B10 may be better to reduce black to one eye (he can still peep to escape)
Not saying that all these would be a good choice for black.

Edit : of course, B10 kills. White doesn’t have to connect the peep, just block outside (I put a var in the game).
So black has to answer. Now I’m curious about the cross cut if black attach at B10 and white blocks, it’s usually a local Tesuji in that shape.

So
C16
D15

Anything else?

White to play please vote,

• C16
  • D15
  • Another move

0 voters

Note: newcomers of all levels are welcome at any time with full rights: suggest, vote…
Everyone play black and white and moves are decided by polls.

It’s still possible to suggest another move and to vote for (just announce it here) as long as the poll is running.

1 Like