The Conquest of Go - A Videogame featuring Go Gameplay

What about as an idea for a future update (maybe post release), trying to integrate a feature using Go4Go’s api.

I don’t know exactly what’s possible I just read

Please contact us if you are interested in using Go4Go data to create Go products or services. In most cases a mutually beneficial agreement can be reached and Go4Go can provide APIs to facilitate your work.

Basically they have a big database of professional go games that’s updated very regularly.

It just an idea that since one is probably using this game to study go as well as play the campaign or play on OGS, one could maybe load up a pro game with the go4go api and then review the game with katago :slight_smile:

(I don’t know if you’re already doing something like that with the ‘notable matches’ playing in the background of the main menu, but imagining you could also use it to show recent tournament games in the background of the main menu etc :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I had sent inquiries to several Go game databases around a year ago (time flies!) about incorporating a subset of game records within The Conquest of Go. I never ended up getting a response back from Go4Go. I did get additional information from another Go database, but it was only available to be licensed for a “substantial” fee, however they also didn’t provide the requested specifics around that, so I didn’t really pursue it further. Perhaps now that the game is farther along, I might be able to get a response from Go4Go for something in the future.

2 Likes

It’s cool you’d considered it!

I did see that Go4Go was integrated in an app called GoEye, so thought maybe it’d be possible. The person running the site did take a while to help me with setting up a password for an account, maybe they don’t check the contact/email that regularly.

It does seem that games go up there quite soon after they’re played. I think they’re games from today up.

1 Like

The clip this week shows that campaign match progress is saved, allowing the games to later be resumed. Additionally, on even games, your color is randomly chosen, allowing you to also play as white during matches and invasions.

5 Likes

I am planning to submit The Conquest of Go game build for internal Steam review next week. Passing the review is one of the major steps in the process of getting your game published on Steam. Barring any significant hiccups with the review, the Steam Early Access release should be available within the next couple of weeks. Exact date still to come.

10 Likes

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m hyped for the launch :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see a release date of December 7th. :wink:

7 Likes

Haha, good detective work! I just updated that last night. I uploaded a new trailer to go along with it as well which shows some different artwork and features than the original trailer a while back.

New Trailer on Youtube and Steam for those that haven’t seen it:

12 Likes

10 Likes

I have a go game to play in a few mins, but I will have to buy it this evening :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I bought it, I’ll be back with first impressions.

5 Likes

Hey, sorry for the delay. It’s been a crazy morning! But yes, the Steam Early Access release is now out and available at https://store.steampowered.com/app/1264970/The_Conquest_of_Go/

11 Likes

Good luck in your project!
Hope you can bring more people to play go and
as many players are pretty poor around me (me included) I hope that at least you can get some benefits from it.

2 Likes

Purchased it immediately :slight_smile:

The price is ridiculously low, IMO, not more than two or three coffees at starbucks or something, and I find it cool to give Go developers my money :smiley:

Putting the link in an extra line se we get the full preview here:

7 Likes

Many thanks! My hope is the lower price point will get newcomers into the world of Go in addition to the existing Go players.

9 Likes

Shows your attitude <3

I for one hope this will give you a lot of income so you can create more beautiful stuff!

6 Likes

I bought it immediately and after playing a single 9x9 game in the campaign I can only say the sounds and animations are even more pleasing than I expected from the previews. The level of polish is really impressive

4 Likes

I’ve bought it too :slight_smile:
I’m having some issues, one with KataGo not making moves, and another which I suspect might be related: after trying to change AIs, the game hung, so I had to force close it.
It hasn’t opened since then, so I suspect I messed something up in a config file or something with the force close. Am now looking for the config files to try again from a clean slate again.
Do you have an issue tracker or a place you prefer getting feedback on? I saw TheRoboris already made a likely helpful thread to debug the KataGo issues on the steam forums, is that a good place?

3 Likes

5 Likes