The most adorable introduction to Go ever 😁

maybe thinking of tororo2048?

https://twitter.com/tororo2048/status/1600107467132006400

7 Likes

Great find! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Exactly!! thank you very much!! UwU love their work, :100: cuteness overload :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve encountered a bug where one stone gets the β€œin atari” scared face even though it’s not in atari:

5 Likes

I’d be scared too if I was sent to be the sacrificial stone to win the fight. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Love it! Seriously, is there any way to get something like this in OGS?

3 Likes

β€œany way” ? well anything is possible :nerd_face: having dabbled in the board/stones drawing code I can imagine it would be doable

but isn’t part of the charm the atari indicating faces? that’s basically like something Color Go Server has, I seem to recall some discussion in the past when CGS was released that this is a fundamental change in the game and not to be done lightly? it might even be considered cheating?

1 Like

Something like it maybe - different style of atari indicator but also with faces.

2 Likes

Found a bug in the way ko is handled:

In this position, the last white move was a capture of a black stone in the northeast corner at point 1-1.

Now, I should be allowed to play in the northeast corner again, since I would be capturing two white stones. But I am not allowed.

Just to be clear, the previous position, before White’s move, was this:

2 Likes

My guess is the ko rule is too shortly implemented (not checking 1vs1 stone capture)
Nice you detected it, as it can confuse beginners.

1 Like