The neverending story uhuhu uhuhu uhuhu

Amida tournament finished.
12/26/2013 - 5/31/2019
5 years, 5 months and 5 days

Next on my waiting list is 2014 year tournament.

I’ve been wondering. Maybe we should make an endurance tournament? Swiss, 1wk+1wk Fischer and it would be like our fellowship. Tournament that connects us over the years.

5 Likes

I can’t get tired to say how I LOVE those extremely slow tournaments. I’ve made quite a few virtual friends that way.

1 Like

Anybody ever make a tournament with Fischer time, ~2+ days per move, max time 4+ wks :smiley: (or no max cap, don’t know whether that’s possible at all), lemme know. I might be tempted. And it can happen that I let all those days run down until only 2 days or less are left. Just one game can take a YEAR and more that way. Heck, I might even die while we play (I’m 62 soon, if I survive until then :wink: )

4 Likes

It was sad for longing to end like this, rest in peace. I think the tournament should end now even tho the server hasn’t yet counted it as ended.

31/12/2013 - 20/04/2020
6 years, 3 months and 20 days

Next old games I found are a bit weird. They’re paused forever:

2 Likes

June 27, 2014
[1:32] saisaysplaygo[19k]: you’ve got 16hours left

Surreal… Thanks for finding these.

2 Likes

I googled important facts that happened on that day, nothing much. There goes my conspiracy theory.

2 Likes

June 27 - Wikipedia says this:

and

2 Likes

I really really really hope this isn’t the reason these players went MIA :anguished:

3 Likes

Yup, same here. But … we always have to keep in mind that things may happen IRL. TBH, I have sometimes thought whether and how I should talke precautions in case some day I leave this earthly plane for Zone Six (cf. Doris Lessing’s “Shikasta”), but I have no clue. Nobody even has the password for my machine(s), I live like a hermit, and I can’t imagine anyone would bother to clarify on all my online accounts. And I’m 62, and not especially healthy, so … maybe I should say “bye, CU l8er” just prophylactically :wink:

3 Likes

You can always haunt us. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

:ghost: :grin:

2 Likes

Since there are a lot more than 14 deaths each day, it is still more likely they were not involved even if they died.

5 Likes

Another game stuck in time.

5 Likes

Interesting … did anybody notice the duplicate chat entries in that game? Also, both seem to be German.

When this tournament is done, please light a candle in my memory and screenshot my profile page without that tournament in it. I’ll feel the tingle of relief in hell.

3 Likes

Here is a tournament starting in 6 months:

It starts with 28 days, and has 300 28 day byo-yomi periods. It would take 23 years to timeout after that first move is played. Sign up and just let the tournament get lost in time.

2 Likes

Oh, I was wrong. They’re indeed gonna play 12 rounds and just started 8th. That’s some commitment from still active 20 people.

4 Likes

I guess the rank shown in all rounds is current rank, but it would be so worth it to know how they have progressed over the years.

So many stories to be told. I wish this tournament had a blog.

Round 7 shows no results. :thinking:

EDIT: Unrelated question: does chat overwrite in multiple-round tournaments after each round? I think it does.

3 Likes

When you look at the graphs of the individual players, it seems bahytych is the only one who improved much.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it reset multiple times and I fear it can happen more than once per round. I don’t know what could make it happen.

4 Likes