Things I like about Version 5

I know there will be many threads on issues related to this new release.

I figured there should be a place for us to acknowledge changes we appreciate.

6 Likes

I like the guidelines added to the conditional moves tree.

This will help me see where I still have options to add. (I am frequently in a situation where there are three equivalent moves that my opponent can take in any order.)

3 Likes

Games seem to load much faster now and I haven’t run into memory leaks yet (that was a big problem for me with v4).

3 Likes

the profile is much more bottom now. that sucks. its a common page i check, and its hard to find down there. and wins and losses used to be green and red so its easy to see which match i won. the news colors are so hard to tell.

1 Like

You are off-topic in this thread.

4 Likes

I like that active games are sorted after strenght now! That makes spectating less of a chore.

I very much like that the sidebar now moves independently from the board! It is now actually possible to chat while reviewing, or move through the tree while reading chat, even on smaller screens.

6 Likes

You can now use score estimator in analysis mode!

8 Likes

I love love love that the miniatures on the overview page now flow to fill the page width, now I can see many more games on my 27" screen—thank you :heart:

3 Likes

Is it just me? or is the green indicator that lights up when your opponent is present actually working? thats a nice little thing!:clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

I like how editing is now more user friendly (for example, group pages, profiles, tournaments…).

It basically shows where each of the elements is going to end up. Very WYSIWYM, which is nice.

4 Likes

Also very pleased that correspondence games are now watchable by canonical means.

5 Likes

I love the demo board.

A place to play moves/ study that isn’t in a game or review.

Genius!

2 Likes

I like the new spectating interface a lot (especially the thumbnail view where you can literally see them all happening, and choose the most interesting-looking situation).

I am on the fence about the new order of moving through games thing. I started off finding it annoying, but I’m giving it some time and it’s kind of growing on me, especially in combination with the “submit goes to next game” option.

3 Likes

Just discovered Zen mode today. Big fan.

I can watch a game in Zen mode with the window off to the side. Very cool.

2 Likes

I like that the Watch page is much more navigable. You can click through the pages quickly to get to a particular page. A great improvement!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.