This tournament needs four more players before it can start - please join!

It’s this tournament: https://online-go.com/tournament/63596

60 players have already joined, but the required number ist set to 64. I would really like to see this tournament happen, for selfish reasons :grin: , because I’d like to play some games with handicap for a change. So please join if you feel the same. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yay, it has started!
Thanks! :smile:

3 Likes

I read this and thought you were the host. Then I checked and you weren’t :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

No, no, I haven’t dared yet to create a tournament. There’s so much you can do wrong. :flushed: But maybe I should try it.

3 Likes

Not really. It doesn’t really go wrong unless you hit an error message, and there are lots of answers on here.

3 Likes

Or create a tournament where each round last years and the whole tournament takes a lifetime.

4 Likes

No, no, I haven’t dared yet to create a tournament.

If that’s the reason for not doing something why did you start breathing when you left the womb of your mom?

There’s so much you can do wrong. :flushed:

Yep, “Ever tried, ever failed, no matter. Try again, fail again, fail better!”
It’s a little like when starting to play go.

Ping me in 1:1 chat. If I’m around I join your tournament even if it’s no fun to play. :stuck_out_tongue:

But maybe I should try it.

TL;DR yep

3 Likes

It’s of course mostly laziness - not having to think about possible settings, not taking responsibility, just taking part in tournaments organized by others… very convenient. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You do realise that a lot of players join OGS, play for some time (few months, a year & maybe more) and then drop out again, don’t you?
A lifetime tournament will - inevitably I think - soon fade into oblivion.

Also curious how Through the years: long correspondence will develop in the future.

1 Like

I mean, it’s not like anyone would actually do that, and even if they did, there’s no way it would get very many players. :smiley:

3 Likes

I created one https://online-go.com/tournament/64103

Let’s see how it goes.

That doesn’t go wrong though.

It’s telling me that this doesn’t exist.

Also sup Dogemofi, welcome to the forums!

It did exist, but you were too late (at least that is what i suspect).

why doesn’t it anymore?

It was supposed to start at 15:00, but not enough participants. 5 minutes after the end of the registration, a tournament is (so I think) automatically cancelled. If you click the link, you get the message: tournament does not exist.

1 Like