Through the Years: Long Correspondence

This was easy:

I could paste this once a week or so and we’d have

This should cover many of your lines and half of your charts.
But is it readable? I fear Discourse doesn’t like narrow and tall images…

Talking about data, what I still miss compared to your report are stats by group and by week.

I can manage to add groups information to my database. Actually I’d like to: it would be something new to play with. But I haven’t done yet.

But I can’t have data on weekly basis: my samplings are quite random and we have many weeks gone so far. What I’m doing is to look into some daily average based on my sampling rate.
Yesterday I was playing with this:

I’ll keep you informed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess it might work better if you divide it into two or three images.

3 Likes

It works nice on my smartphone :grin: where I can zoom and scroll easily.

On my PC it’s a useless stick though. :confused:

1 Like

I can zoom it with my browser, but it is a bit awkward.

For me your data is more than good enough. Groups I only cover in the textual part. Only creating the text and post that weekly would reduce the manual work to roughly a minute for me, so I could keep posting that even if you find a way to post your charts.

1 Like

Hi. I am trying to resign from this tournament because the games are taking too long, but I am not having any success because my browser crashes when I enter the tournament page. Is it possible to do this using cURL to make a POST request directly to the resign endpoint?

2 Likes

I believe the POST request to resign goes to https://online-go.com/api/v1/tournaments/59567/players and should contain the JSON {"delete": true}.

1 Like

Thank you. Unfortunately the CSRF check fails even if I extract it from a request in the network tab. Oh well, I’ll just resign every game when they pop up.

Are you sure?
It takes forever to load and it’s awfully slow when loaded, but it works both on my pc and my phone.
Did you wait enough for it to load?

Then you’ll be in second round too … if that ever happens

I tried from a faster computer and now it worked.

Yeah, if it ever happens. :slight_smile: This is really through the years.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, will the amount of data on the page get larger when the tournament moves on to the second round, or will it only show what’s happening in that round?

In the second round page we’ll see only games for second round.
Since many players got disqualified or chose to resign, we’ll have less games than in first round.
I fear it will still be quite big and slow though.

There will be also a rounds indicator that will allow to open the page for previous rounds.

1 Like

Today’s stats with few changes.

I added daily averages for disqualified/resigned players and for games completion.
Since I download data with no regular schedule, I couldn’t count daily changes of any variable. So I did the average for the period since last refresh.
About 14 games end every day, but this number is slowly decreasing.

I added a chart about completed games per group, counting how may groups have all games completed (34 out of 224 so far), how many groups have no games completed (none) and all the range between them.
I chose to use percentage (also for completed games per player) since we have one group with just 3 players (hence we have 3 players with just 2 games each), so the plain number could be misleading.
Minimum completed games ratio per group is 44%.

Horizontal layout.

4 Likes

No major changes since last week: two more disqualified players, 66 games completed, two more players won 9 games (it’s becoming a crowded club!).

For more details, click here

4 Likes

Martin’s game aganst Ran-Ran has just entered the flying knife! Spiciness incoming~

6 Likes

Funnily, I just won this game that I was so sure I would lose: Play Go at online-go.com! | OGS :sweat_smile: I only didn’t resign because I thought, in this neverending tournament, I can as well take the time to play everything out until the end.

That means, so far I’ve won all of my games. :grin: One is still open.

6 Likes

OMG, what a blunder, with gigantic consequences! :smiley:

Well, I made blunders like this, too. :grin:

2 Likes

It’s monday. New picture!

Since last week:

• 89 games completed
  • 7 more disqualified players
  • ddToken made it to the leaderboard with 8 points
  • 43 players and 3 groups finished all of their games

I had some problems with ranks, which don’t seem to be updated anymore.
More on that here: https://forums.online-go.com/t/what-happened-to-playerranking/34054

5 Likes

I wonder what a histogram of number of unfinished games in buckets of 10 moves made would look like

2 Likes

Also for the players circle chart, can you easily add “waiting” for those who have already completed all their games for the round ?

I don’t have number of moves because that piece of information is stored inside games and I can’t
check every single game.

Here they are:

20210212_005403

2 Likes