Through the Years: Long Correspondence

It is hard to believe, but 2 of my opponents resigned today within just 8 hours apart from eachothers xD

I have only one more game remaining, and then my group is finally done for the round 1 \o/

4 Likes

Let’s see what happened since the last time

2 Likes

One more game

Also, runarberg’s game is going pretty fast

1 Like

KevinRaker–palusijf (29)
even game / B+1

Which colour do you prefer? I’d rather take Black. Black has played the opening very much like I would have – his shapes are ones I like to use.

Pfff, bot openings. I guess I’d take black since low stones on the right curb some of the white influence.

Not every game with early 3-3 is a “bot opening”. It’s been popular for about five years already. Don’t be so dismissive. :wink:

Black used the small shimari in the upper right instead of the large one. White approached the lower right high, where bots often prefer the low approach. These are human-style. :slight_smile:

Then on the left, white builds a wall. This could be called a bit slack compared to the alternative, challenging the corner with hane.
I thought black’s last move is debatable, because the left side is not as interesting (wide open) as the top side. But actually it’s ok if the idea is to separate white’s weak groups.

I thought there would be a miniscule advantage to white. Having looked at the game, AI evaluation says mini-advantage to black. It’s honestly dead even. :laughing:

2 Likes

Couldn’t resist looking up what was going on in the go world around five years ago…

3 Likes

Congrats on the win, @martin3141 .

1 Like

Thank you, but to be honest I was surprised about the resignation. There was still a very good chance that I was going to mess up and lose the cutting stones.

1 Like

• 599 games left, 621 players involved
  • 29 games completed
  • 6 player disqualified, none resigned
  • 21 players completed all of their games, one of them with 9 wins
  • 2 groups completed all of their games
  • player palusijf reached the top rank of leaderboard

4 Likes

Happy First Anniversary!

The tournament began one year ago at 2020-06-30T21:00:00Z

13 Likes

One year in which 94% of games finished.

Now we’re left with the real lasters~

4 Likes

Would you look at that saw:

2 Likes

Another funny saw

1 Like

• 573 games left, 602 players involved
  • 26 games completed
  • 6 player disqualified, one resigned
  • 19 players completed all of their games, 3 of them with 9 wins
  • 1 group completed all of its games
  • player absconditum reached the top rank of leaderboard