Through the Years: Long Correspondence

• 116 games left, 150 players involved, 38 groups
  • 2 completed games
  • 3 players completed all their games, one of them with 9 wins
  • 1 group completed all their games

5 Likes

hello everyone! Just wondering if is there anyone in this group will attend European Go Congress 2022. Some information about: https://egc2022.ro/newsletter3/ ; https://egc2022.ro/statistics/

1 Like

There’s a game paused since January?!

I think we should clean up games like that, with some mod intervention.

It’s one thing to be a slow player (you do you, time settings allow it, it’s fine by me) and a completely different thing to basically refuse to bury games that are long dead.

4 Likes

• 112 games left, 145 players involved, 37 groups
  • 4 completed games
  • 5 players completed all their games
  • 1 group completed all their games

Really?
Maybe we could report that to the moderators team, so they can take care of it.

That doesn’t make a big change, though, since we have more than a hundred of games still going.

4 Likes

We don’t know if/how many of those are paused :wink:

I don’t know if there’s an easy way to check “games paused for more than 30 days in tournament” from behind the curtain or someone must do it by hand.

It can be done asking API but that means writing code to get the list of games in progress and then to get the details of each game and then to rearrange them in a convenient way.

Probably it’s faster to check them one by one.

1 Like

One is this, the one I’ve mentioned earlier.

Since iirc we never reached a tournament agreement and TD is back to chess, I suggest posting in tournament chat that paused games will be mod resumed in let’s say 24 hours.

I don’t know if indeed @moderators will do so, but I don’t see why not.

1 Like

IDK if moderators can unpause a game.

That game seems stuck since January: one player said in chat that he’d pause the game and the other player didn’t play a move since that.
This is his only game going and I can’t see any other activity since February. Maybe he lost interest in playing.
Best thing IMO is to ask the first player if he’s still willing to keep that game on hold after all these months. He’s the one that could unpause and let the clock make its job.

Edit: OMG @Gia, your game against that player is still on move 13! :scream:
Edit again: it isn’t the same tournament!!! :grin:
I read only the first words of tournament title and got confused, sorry!

5 Likes

As far as I know both moderators and players can unpause a game.

1 Like

I am going to the 1st week

2 Likes

Yep, someone probably should. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Out of 112 games:

• min moves: 64
  • max moves: 263

Detail for slowest games:

There are just two games paused.
The same player paused both. He was very nice with his opponents, looking at their clocks and worrying for them being disqualified.
The other game had few moves too, after being paused few days ago.

So I’d say that the only weird case is the one pointed out by @Gia, being paused since long time with no moves at all, but for the moment that doesn’t seem a problem to me: our slowest games grant us plenty of time to think about how to address it! :smiley:

3 Likes

There’s an expression in Greek “έχει το χρυσό χέρι (has the gold hand)”, meaning someone who will habitually pick out the one faulty/ weird/ wrong thing out of a bunch. I do tend to earn that characterization a lot :joy:.

2 Likes

The reminds of the saying “has the Midas touch”, but I think that means something a bit different.

1 Like

I think the one I posted is the ironic version.

1 Like

I am glad to hear it. I’ll be there the first week too. Maybe we’ll meet somehow

1 Like

• 109 games left, 142 players involved, 37 groups
  • 3 completed games
  • 3 players completed all their games

6 Likes

I’ve unpaused it. I didn’t figure it would hurt anything to leave it paused since there are so many other games going on… but more than six months is long enough.

6 Likes

• 105 games left, 138 players involved, 37 groups
  • 4 completed games
  • one player resigned
  • 4 players completed all their games

5 Likes

We are getting very near to 2 digit numbers!

2 Likes