Tidbyt OGS Viewer App

I can’t believe I forgot to post this! I was asking around a few months back about how to pull games from OGS and other technical questions. That was in the service of building an app for the Tidbyt, an LED display that has community made apps. I made one that shows you your active OGS games! I finished it months ago but forgot to share.

Here is the github page with a lot of the info on how it works: Added the OGS Games Viewer App by nealwright · Pull Request #493 · tidbyt/community · GitHub

And some photos!

If you want to check out the Tidbyt (I don’t work for them or anything, I just think it’s cool) you can learn more at https://tidbyt.com/

Cheers!

13 Likes

Nice idea, but does it look better as on the pics?
I mean more difference yellow/white, less light

How is the last move played marked? (If any)

3 Likes

It does look better, but maybe could be improved? I can definitely say that the White stones are kind of hard to see in these photos but not hard in person. Also the last move is not marked, but that’s an update I’m planning to add to it. The plan is to have the most recent move blinking

5 Likes

I love this sansan invasion!

Perhaps you could also highlight the 4 points just outside the board that share a x- or y- coordinate with the most recent move.

5 Likes

Ooh, good idea! Thanks for these recommendations everyone