Too many pop-ups in the initial page

Sounds like we just won’t have tournaments relays then. If you remember Polish tournament, they only announced it on their website (and it was in eurogofed schedule), correct me if I’m wrong. And most events are like that, people learn about them because they randomly stumbled upon it, right, it’s not only me? Again, today we had Redmond AlphaGo review live on twitch, I haven’t seen any announcements at places I visit. (And with my relays it totally depends whether I can wake up 4am in the morning.)

It’s annoying but what I guess is that tournament organization takes so much effort, actual advertising the event to go population falls through the cracks. Or it’s not done successfully, like a separate website few people know about without posting in major hubs.

Long time ago I remember a cool female team competition (country vs country) played on OGS and streamed on twitch. I asked them directly about lack of pre-event announcement on reddit and such. They said they simply were too busy organizing but promised to do better in future. Haven’t heard about them ever since and can’t check because I forgot how it was called :slight_smile:

In my opinion flow of information through go community kind of… sucks. Lots of events come and go without even a blimp on a larger scale.

I imagine if we want to announce events beforehand or catalog previous events on the forum, we have to do it ourselves which is work (that probably few people would appreciate anyway).

I think we also need to prioritize our problems. Initial complaint is very serious - getting your screen covered in banners while you’re playing is bad (seems to be only problem on phones). Have a public history of announcements would be nice. Everything else - banner policies, forum posts is optional.

2 Likes