Total Newbie

I’ve admired and “played at” Go for decades…

I now, at the age of 74, finally want to become an “accomplished” player…

All Advice Welcome :blush:

12 Likes

Welcome! Play and have fun!

If you want a friendly correspondence game with a youngster (only 54!), feel free to send me a challenge.

2 Likes

This forum has a ton of great resources, and the people here are absolutely willing to help with any questions you may have. In other words, you came to the right place. :slight_smile:

This post has a great list of beginner resources: Free Resources for Beginners
It’s from 2016, so it may be missing some more recent stuff, but the resources are helpful nonetheless.

Here’s a list of resources created by members of the OGS community: OGS Community Go resources

I found In Sente’s beginner series very helpful when I was starting out.
Nick Sibicky’s lectures and Dwyrin’s basics series are also great, but probably more suitable for DDKs or stronger.

Hope these help!

6 Likes

1 Like

Thanks for all the links! :blush:

“DDKs”?

Double Digit Kyu.

10k or worse basically.

1 Like

1 Like

Maybe you have a goclub nearby, you can check the go federation website to find it.

Welcome Alex.

I wrote this 19x19 for beginners series with players like you in mind - trying to impart the things I wish I had known when I was just starting out. Maybe see if you like the intro, and then I’ve got 3 more articles on the fundamentals:

Cheers!

1 Like

Appreciate you message…

I’ve visited and I checked out Many things…

Very welcome place you’ve got :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome to OGS, hope you have a lot of fun playing and chatting here.

One more thing …

Documentation & FAQ (Help) will supply you with a lot of info about playing go on OGS.
Click left of OGS logo and select Documentation & FAQ.

2 Likes

Whoa!

Thanks a heap :blush: :blush:

1 Like

THANKS for the TIP :smiley:

1 Like