Total playing time?

As the servers must know all individual players, can’t we have a total playing time display for everyone? In hours, minutes and seconds? From the moment you create an account? Just to know how much time we spent here… :wink:

2 Likes

But it’s simple: the answer is too much.

1 Like

Not actual time spent playing, but still, if you have not seen the site yet, type in your nickname for some interesting statistics :slight_smile:(link no longer works)

6 Likes

Wow, thats really cool! Only thing missing is… total playing time!

2 Likes

yeah that would be interesting :), although hard to predict from correspondence games I guess…

Well you can always try messaging the author :slight_smile:

:smiley:

Total time spent on this domain (incl. chat channels, forum, watching games) would also be nice :sunglasses:

Thanks for the link. I found some interesting stats here, especially the fact that my chances to win are higher playing White (56%) than playing Black (34%). I think that this could be explained by the fact that it’s only in the last few months that I learned to play some more offensive openings like first move played at tengen or hoshi points. Note that, up to now, I have mostly played 9*9 games with 5.5 komi.

I am not sure I am correctly understanding what is “even games” category. Are they the games played against players having the same rank than you at the time of playing?

Furthermore, I wonder why the ranking given in these stats is not the actual ranking?

Damn, where did the rest 10% go? :smiley: is there some third color?

I can only assume they are games with no handicap and similar rating. But it is not my site so I do not know for sure :slight_smile:

Again, no idea, sorry. Maybe they are still linked to the old ratings?

Yes, the third color is grey of course! :wink:

Sorry, I should have summarize the stats in this more comprehensible way :

• Playing White : 56% wins, 44 % losses
  • Playing Black : 34% wins, 66 % losses

First off, that site is awesome!! Thank you for the link, Adam :3

@setra: “I found some interesting stats here, especially the fact that my chances to win are higher playing White (56%) than playing Black (34%).”

Similar here: 42 % wins as black, 61 % wins as white. In my case, I think it’s because I always have my colour assigned automatically, which means that the site assigns you black if your opponent is stronger and white if they are weaker. It makes sense that I would have a higher win percentage against weaker opponents. Might be a similar reason for you?

2 Likes

[quote=“Sarah_Lisa, post:10, topic:15035”]
It makes sense that I would have a higher win percentage against weaker opponents. Might be a similar reason for you?

Absolutely, you’re right, that really makes sense!

[/quote]BonSangMaisCestBienSur

2 Likes

I was wondering too, but I don’t think it quite matches my win % vs weaker opponents, and I wasn’t sure we were still doing that… My win % vs weaker opponents is 81% and my win % vs stronger opponents is 21%, which is vastly different from my white/black win ratio. (36% as black and 60% as white) and I do use automatching, so I don’t think this is the explanation.

1 Like

Probably just means you win some of your games as black and you lose some of your games as white…

Hmm, interesting… Wonder what’s going on then.

Yup, I do agree with your suggestion!!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.